MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 14 F3 800, bought it used with the zero exhaust. I was wondering if there are any cat delete or whatever full system possible for this exhaust. I want my bike louder, i live in NyC and need cars to hear me coming so they don't cut in front of me..... and ofcourse to have an eargasm lol. Please any info much appreciated. I saw a video on YouTube of an Ago with the zero exhaust full system but they didn't post any info. Btw that Ago sounded freaking nutts !!!!! Here's the link https://youtu.be/hJMixrjAcyQ

Registered
That youtube video says the bike has a Moto Corse header. There are a few different header pipes out that that will eliminate the catalyst. Evolution Bike (forum sponsor) has at least one on their site. The issue I see is that I think you'll need to buy the MV Corse ECU in order to compensate against a lean fueling issue.

I have the Zero exhaust on my Rivale 800. Its' pretty darn LOUD! I guess you're looking for REALLY LOUD!!! :naughty:

Registered
LOL from reading your title in the post I thought you did not need any help with the exhaust......

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahaha yes ? i want really loud lol i want the gravel on the ground to shake as my bike idles. ??? i keep searching for the moto corse headers and i can't find it anywhere ?? the site u sent has a terminogni header for like 850 bucks, i guess i that's the one i would go with if i can't find the moto corse.

Registered
I'd get the Termignoni one. It should bolt up fine - just ask them. Then, look into the MV Corse Race ECU to go with it, and you'll be ready to set off all the alarms in the neighborhood. :yo:

Registered
Hahahaha yes ? i want really loud lol i want the gravel on the ground to shake as my bike idles. ??? i keep searching for the moto corse headers and i can't find it anywhere ?? the site u sent has a terminogni header for like 850 bucks, i guess i that's the one i would go with if i can't find the moto corse.
Certainly would not wish to live next door to you:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:
112db at 6500 rpm and 119db at 9000, is that not loud enough

Super Moderator

Lumel, where in this world do you live that such a lack of respect for those around you is acceptable behavior?

Take a look at the world homologation of motorcycles that is coming. It is brought on largely by people complaining about noisy motorcycles.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I live in New York City, place is naturally loud with public transportation and cabs alone. I just want to be heard from a good distance so a car doesn't cut a lane right in front of me and be the cause of my death. If you've driven or riden in NYC you'd know what i mean.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I'd get the Termignoni one. It should bolt up fine - just ask them. Then, look into the MV Corse Race ECU to go with it, and you'll be ready to set off all the alarms in the neighborhood.
Lmao dude the emoji at the end made me fall of laughter lmao and also the dealer said they can tune my ECU to know all the aftermarket parts it has and w.e lol is that the same ? They're charging $300.00 to do it ?

Super Moderator
I live in New York City, place is naturally loud with public transportation and cabs alone. I just want to be heard from a good distance so a car doesn't cut a lane right in front of me and be the cause of my death. If you've driven or riden in NYC you'd know what i mean.
This argument for loud pipes is nonsensical. Noise in a city street is non-distinguishable as to direction. Hell, people these days don't hear directional npises designed to be heard, such as ambulances and firetrucks.

You really think loud pipes save lives?

Registered
Noise in a city street is non-distinguishable as to direction.
I've spent enough time in NYC (no I'm not a resident or native) that I have to agree with Chuck on this. When I hear an ambulance in NYC, it takes enough time to wait for sound to sufficiently advance, that my initial thought about where it originated was debunked by the reality that reverb off buildings, sidewalks and streets causes enough distortion to make my original prediction of location innacurate.

And unfortunately, most drivers and pedestrians in Manhattan seem to disregard the initial noise warnings provided by emergency vehicles, and thus would likely do the same to the initial sound of a loud motorcycle.

I'm not saying it's not worth trying, but I'm skeptical of real world results.

Registered
The other consideration in the city and part of the boroughs are the police checkpoints that are constantly pulling over bikes with a noise meter to measure decibels. I won't ride my F3 with an FM Projects exhaust in the city as I know I'll be pulled over and given a ticket. Friends were up at Bear Mtn last weekend and got pulled over all weekend for noise levels and any other excuse. Just sayin....

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Oh those guys.... yeah i don't stop for them. Cops over here are A-holes... i was on my friends bike on the 31st last month and was cut off by an unmarked detective vehicle. Who said i allegedly ran 2 red lights and was driving reckless when i was not, due to a nail on my rear tire that i was on my way to plug to then get a new tire. The officer didn't let me speak and arrested sent me downtown and everything. I from then vowed to not stop for them. Unless i completely have to ??

Registered
Hey Lumel, I live, drive and ride in NYC I can assure you loud pipes are not the solution. :stickpoke

Check-out #3 from this article:
http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/the-5-dumbest-myths-motorcycle-riders-believe?roi=echo3-34182173059-34937957-9604a03de49c9f415dea836e504a9ea8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=promo_BBNews&utm_source=Sat_042216_BBNews&utm_content=5_dumbest_myths

Like many riders when we are driving I move aside for lane splitters, I like to give my brothers and sisters room. But I can assure you as loud as their pipes may be I do not hear them more than 2 cars behind. So if they're flying, loud pipes can't help them from the distracted, startled, frustrated or texting driver who is changing lanes. (Not to mention aggressive taxi's or vigilante drivers who intentionally block splitters.)

I can tell you however, every time a bike with loud pipes pass I shake my head because that person is creating an atmosphere where non-riders will complain and cause the Police to setup checkpoints to stop LOUD lane splitters.

I'm not saying don't modify your bike, do it, I did but do it with consideration. Let everyone look at you and your bike and admire the rich sounds of your well tuned motor.:mouthwate Don't cause people to turn away from that noise maker, cursing and calling their lawmakers to do something about all of these dam motorcycles! :thewife:

We must remember when we are out enjoying a ride or commuting we represent the entire motorcycle community our actions and our bikes are a representation of every biker. Do right by me and I will do right by you.

I'm sure some of you may be thinking, :blah: :jerk off: or :loser: but when we all have to deal with confiscated bikes, strict noise regulations or anti-motorcycle legislation you will be: :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Think about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts