MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the slipons and install seems easy...

However, they came with a tail tidy because the oem plate holder will not go on these...and I can figure it out. In addition, no installation instructions. Anyone already go through this and can help?

Pics to follow

Mods - not sure this is the right place for this thread. Feel free to move

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
And how about the original place of the plateholder? Can't really figure it out with these pics. Post a better one of the tail tidy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Original plate holder fits directly onto original exhaust. These do not have mounting points or adaptors to do the same

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally figured it out...it uses the fairing mount points (the ones for the brake light mount)...nifty method but installation maunal would have been soooo helpful). Putting together now and i'll poste some pics later.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok - tail tidy (pic 2) mounts on the 2 fairing mounts where the rear light connects. I also added a connection through the hole where the wires pass though...only plastic but better than nothing and there was room.

all OEM lights transfer directly over to the new tail tidy (pic 3)

now the question - in pic 1, you can see a bracket that is riveted onto the top of the exhausts. In the screw package, there is a nut/bolt the right size to go there....so i thought that this bracket was to join the 2 exhausts. However, as you can see, they do not line up naturally and when you add the tail tidy there is not enough space. So, what purpose do these brackets serve?

·
Registered
938 Posts
That's a good question. I don't know anybody else who has Zard, maybe your the first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Have them fitted to mine, yes you can get them to come together, but I used a domed bolt so it would clear the tail light, also I made another bracket which came down from there to the centre section to stop vibration of the number plate, (my first one snapped where it say Zard).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts