MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a while back i have already posted this in another MV forum, but here it goes again...... :blah:

When i first saw the picture of the Zard exhaust system for the MV F4 i hated it :green:

But now (maybe i got used to the idea) i'm really liking them.
Yes they are different, but still very appealing to me right now.

Am i the only one?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Looks a bit Ducati-esque to me. I prefer the four pipe layout.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Tiago, I do not like them, as I do not like the silmotos either. but the silmotos have the advantage of not heating the seat as the RG3 do.
So if someone makes a exhaust with lots of advatages I do not care how they look, I 'll start likeing the techno freak advatages or the original design!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hb88xx said:
Tiago, I do not like them, as I do not like the silmotos either. but the silmotos have the advantage of not heating the seat as the RG3 do.
So if someone makes a exhaust with lots of advatages I do not care how they look, I 'll start likeing the techno freak advatages or the original design!
I see..... yeah, you have a point there.
But i'm sure this one doesn't heat the seat too (at least the carbon version).

Well seems that i'm the only one who likes it :cross: :toothless

Seriously, in terms of pure looks i prefer the original ones (RG3 and F1 included of course), but i prefer the Zard one to the Sil's.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mmm..they would take some getting used to...but design over form...how do they perform and of course how do they sound?

Agree with John...very Ducati ish.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i tend to like things that are different. i actually like them, but unfortunately they have to go up against the unique style of the original design. and there, they fall short. right now for me, the motocorse full titanium gets my "hot pipe" award.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
No I'm liking them too but don't know if I'd go them over the original design without seeing a couple of more photos from different angles and hearing what they sound like.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Zard pipes are interesting and unique, but IMO looks too heavy(fat) and swallon for the F4, I don't even like the Sil CF pipes because of the same reason, the original is much nice blend with the rest ofthe bike, IMO.

I have seen a picture of a F4 race bike with a 4-2-1 pipe with a canister looking like the Akrapovic pipe for 999.

http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/catalog/ducati/749biposto_2003/evo/detailphoto.htm

http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/catalog/ducati/749biposto_2003/evo/bikephoto3.htm

In that picture the canister looked fine, but with a racing tail fairing it made the MV 's tail end looking like a 05 Gixxer 1000 with a U/T pipe.... unfortunately like a ordinary sports bike. sorry I can't recall where I saw the photo or who made the pipe

the original design is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I had a look on the Zard website and the pipes don't look too good in the photos there. They are too bulky for the F4. If they could make the design more elegant they might have a shot but at the moment are a long way from the originals.

Still like to know what they sound like.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts