MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BSG your correct, at Aragon marquez just came off the curb on an angle and the the bike got out of shape. That can happen to any bike no matter how well it handles. I am talking about head shake which is when bike accelerates so hard off the corner it flexes/ twists the chassis causing the handle bars to violently go back and forth about 3-4 inches rapidly and rider has to back off throttle. The yYamaha and KTM used to do it too but hey corrected the problem . But I have been following Grand prix/MotoGP since 1977 and have never seen it before in the premier class. Then again the bikes didn't have 280hp-300HP before either.

I would think Zarco would have a better chance controlling the 2018 RCV213V because it is a better handling bike than the 2019 RCV213V because it has less hp (according to Cal Crutchlow=GPONE) AND the RCV213V is more conventional chassis/bike as a whole and closer to the Yamaha M1 that he formerly rode and did well on

·
Registered
225 Posts
Zarco is going to ace it and take Lorenzo's seat in 2020, Lorenzo will be kept on as development rider to fulfil contract duration. You heard it here first :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Or, the mountain GOAT will be retired and a nice little Yamaha seat will open up :)

Scrap that, I think VR fans will have another year of him...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Or, the mountain GOAT will be retired and a nice little Yamaha seat will open up :)
He's already been reported as saying he'll give it the first three races next year (to evaluate Yamaha's progress) and then make a decision.:wink2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am a Rossi fan, but this evaluation after the first three races will have to be not only about the bike, but on his performance as well. The last years he was the Nr 1 guy at Yamaha, even then not solely because of his speed, but because of consistency. This year both MV and FQ perform better.

So in a hypothetical scenario in which the Yamaha would be the absolute best bike equally suiting MV, FQ and VR, so that they all could outperform the combination Marquez/Honda, then it is likely he will be beaten by his fellow M1 riders. Which is not a shame, considering their talent.

But as I said, totally hypothetical. I do not really see that either Márquez is loosing appetite, nor Honda building a substantially inferior bike.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nito the way Lorenzo has be cruising at 3 seconds off pace Honda should take away his RCV213V and give him a Goldwing to ride lol. I have a feeling Lorenzos manager told him to show up , ride in every practice , qualification and race. This way he doesn't breach contract and honda will have to pay Lorenzo for the entire 2020 season. If not Lorenzo rides around in last place in 2020 and hinders Hondas main goal of developing the RCV213V for the average/normal style racer. (motomatters.com/GPone ect ect) if this is the case from now on you can bet the factories will have performance clauses in there contracts. Wouldn't blame them.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
. . . I have a feeling Lorenzos manager told him to show up , ride in every practice , qualification and race. This way he doesn't breach contract and honda will have to pay Lorenzo for the entire 2020 season. . .
Bleedin' heck. You often have some wild and woolly theories.

This time though, you could be well on the mark.:smile2:

Reminds me of one of my jobs where I tried to get the sack so I'd get a big payout!!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Nigel Sports contracts, funding and Budgets are wild and wooley. Especially Motorsports. I actually just report what I read. Example: read Zongshen bought MV. Made no sense. Ended up being Loncin building 4 models for MV with a Russian (who has had dealings with MV before) New Ceo and funding expansion. BTW, China GREAT idea. Most expanding market for high end exotic cars in the world. Cant build Aston Martin dealerships fast enough. MV Agusta is the lamborghinni of Motorcycles the Chinese will LOVE them .

FYI Just read a good article at http://www.motomatters.com By Dave Emmitt a MotoGP insider .. Marquez increasing salary a good problem it has.. In a nutshell it says marquez salary has gotten so high that it has taken money away from the RCV213V development budget and this is why Honda has done so little with the bike. ( this is HRC statement apparently) I am aging myself but I thought riders salary still came from Honda HQ. ( it was news that MR HONDA would hand Freddie Spencer his check personally)

Article said HRC budget 75M per year total but no break down of expenditures.Article was printed 9/26?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think Zarco did quite well for his first time out in sketchy conditions. It looks like he was fast given how little time he had on the bike, he was probably a little rusty too. Still he had no issues with Lorenzo. Zarco had a great fight with the first KTM, something he did not do when riding on the KTM. Pol usually smoked him. If he improves his pace & feel a little next race he could be in the top 10.

If he does improve at Sepang and then does a bit better in Valencia Zarco might be a very strong choice for Honda should Lorenzo continue to self destruct. BUT if I managed Honda Racing - my thoughts only - Nakagami would get Lorenzo's seat and Zarco would go to LCR. Factory Honda is the right place for the only Japanese MotoGP rider in the field.

I like Honda's too, but I have MV, Ducati, Aprilia and Yamaha in the garage does that make me unreasonably biased toward Honda. Really like my '16 R1 it is so much fun to ride but isn't as fast on paper as the Kawasaki, BMW, Duc V4, Suzuki GSXR-R and some others but it has proven fast enough on track. Must be my Vinales helmet that makes it so fast, the K-tech gas forks, or stickers yeah could be the stickers...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I was surprised at how he went, considering all the talk about the narrow design focus of the Honda.
From what was reported he chose 3 races this year over being a full time test rider for 2020, I.e. he wanted the race time on the track. The fire still burns.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts