MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I need to replace my SuperCorsa soon but looking at these tires, you do think I need them "this weekend"? The manual says thread should be no less than 3mm and I think I'm just a little below that on the centerline (probably 2.5 to 2mm), while the sides are at 3mm.

I already have the replacement Michelin 2CT at home but the scheduling's bad right now. Think I can hold off about two or three weeks, especially since my riding is mostly 30-50mph canyon riding? Thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not at all. Problem is, a part of me (the cheapo) is saying thread's still good for a few weeks, while the other part (safety conscious nanny) says "You've got the tires already -fix your schedule and put them on!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would probably do about another 100-200 miles on them. The question you have to ask is it cheaper for tires or for doctor visits and lots of parts for the bike.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I think its your call Alan. I suspect you have been around motorcycles long enough to know. If your gut feeling says change them, then change them. I don't know what the legal tread requirements are in the USA.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Well you CAN put some more miles on them, but unless you HAVE to i think you would do better if you just put the new ones now.
You won't loose much.......

·
Registered
774 Posts
Does your security or life are worth a pair of tires ?

When you ask yourself "Do I have to change my tires ?" The only good response is always YES !

Just my personnal point of view.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You drive the bike every day to work, mainly on straight roads, and within the limits. Your tires are OK for some 100s of miles.

You drive the bike aggressively, braking on the limits etc, etc,…. You have to replace them!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
tvass said:
You drive the bike every day to work, mainly on straight roads, and within the limits. Your tires are OK for some 100s of miles.

You drive the bike aggressively, braking on the limits etc, etc,…. You have to replace them!
For me that also goes if you are doing 30-50mph canyon cruising.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your responses. The biggest problem is just finding time to get to the dealer because my wife starts her new job at a hospital tomorrow night (Thanksgiving) and through the weekend.

My gut feeling is that it will be fine so long as it's on dry pavement - and I have the 1098 to help fill in the time as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pirelli´s supercorsa pro keeps the "grip" during 4000 km with no problems.

I usually use the supercorsa in a really racing mode, and untill 4000 km works really good. Later, I´d rather to replace them.

Well, but if bassicaly you will use it in a quiet mode, may be another 200/300 km else.

·
Registered
115 Posts
age vs beauty

I think age is a bigger factor than the tread you have left..............the older the more slippery they are.

rfe

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wheelieBIN said:
Those tyres look cactus..

If my tyres were like that I'd change them straight away..
Yeah but I was running late to work so I didn't have a chance to ArmorAll them.
hahaha. no, i'm really joking.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Should be ok...are you on the road or track.....if your on the track I would only do a few hot laps at a time and check....they will go off pretty quickly if your going for it...
enjoy!!!...with care!!
Tont

1 - 20 of 23 Posts