MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im almost ready for a new set of tyres & am interested in your thoughts. There's a dealer near me doing a great 'run out' on a new set of Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pro tyres (direct replacement for the ones already on my bike).
I have also been reccomended that I should look at the Michelin Pilot Power's.

Does anyone have any experience with the Michelin's?

I only ride on the twisty stuff on the weekends, no commuting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
power pure are supposed to be good, $281 shipped from STT or STG. there is another thread that discuss this as well. I ran the power one front and power race rear which are great but probably not the best/dollar for street riding. Then again I didn't ride on the street with them that much they are great at the track with a set of warmers. For my next set, I'm ordering a set of power pure. they don't need to be on warmers to get hot and are pretty sticky as well as long lasting. As for the pirelli, I liked them but they are expensive...if you are getting a good deal make sure to check the date on them...they might have been sitting on a shelf for a long time. its a 4 digit number on the sidewall encased. first two digits indicate the week and last two digits indicate the year they were manufactured. hope it helps.

edit*** didn't notice you aren't in the states, so that price probably does not apply...****

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm on a set of 'Power Pures' now. I replaced the OEM tires at, oh, 2,700 miles. The 'Pures' and some serious suspension work done by a pro have transformed my Brute. Confidence inspiring, nimble and lightweight, I would not hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - especially for the info about how to read the manufactured date.

Dealers rarely discount new stock, so I was slightly concerned about maybe they are simply getting rid of the old stuff.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've had both ....most confidence in the Pirellis!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The pures seem to be all the rage nowadays...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So, no decisive answer then??

I just noticed that another dealer is also doing a 'special' on the pures, I think I'll give them a go.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Give the new Dunlop SportMax a try.
They seem to be unbelievably good in rain and offer a grip much higher than the Michelin 2CTs and close to the Pirelli SuperCorsa.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+1

Give the new Dunlop SportMax a try.
They seem to be unbelievably good in rain and offer a grip much higher than the Michelin 2CTs and close to the Pirelli SuperCorsa.
Also the Bridgestones, just dont go for the bottom of the range crap in any brand. If you ride a sport bike and buy tyres looking for mileage you are looking for trouble.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I've had both the PP and the Dragons. How do you ride? what conditions? Fair weather only?

Dragons are 'stickier' than the Pilot Powers (2CT, or whatever). Pilot Powers are actually pretty decent in the rain. I'd prefer the Dragons on the track between the two.

I think it really depends on what your riding conditions are..... each brand has tires that slot into diff conditions.

For slightly older tires 'on sale', i'd go with a 4-5 year limit on them since date of manufacturing. Assuming of course they have the protective slippery layer still (which they should if they are new).

my 2 yen, anyway....

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a set of the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas on my brutale. I like them a lot. Very neutral handling, great on transition turns and lots of stick. I also use them on the track on my GSXR 600 and they are very good. Definitely an improvement on the Corsa IIIs and they were a very good tire. I am not putting no froggy tires on an Italian bike. She might get upset.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas on my brutale. I like them a lot. Very neutral handling, great on transition turns and lots of stick. I also use them on the track on my GSXR 600 and they are very good. Definitely an improvement on the Corsa IIIs and they were a very good tire. I am not putting no froggy tires on an Italian bike. She might get upset.
:laughing:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I will go for the SportMax or M Power Pure next time. Have the supercorsas now, great tire - just want to try the latest and best tested at the moment

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
Pilot Pure installed and took for a short ride last night to scuff off some of the new tire slipperiness.

Very light handling with nice turn in feel and stability...of course, not pushing very hard.

Bonus...got caught in a bit of rain on the way home....no worries, never felt slick in the wet.

So far very happy. We'll have to see how they work closer to the edge now.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Went with Pilot Roads due to the amount of commuting I do on the bike - very happy with them especially with winter coming our way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts