MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks - I'm legitimately interested in your input, thinking of bringing in Samco Hose Kits for MVs, in the case of the F4, purely intended for improvement of the cooling system, in the case of the B4, cosmetic and cooling improvement. I'm trying to gadge demand, I sell quite a bit of the Muzzy Fans and Improved High Output impellers, thought this might be a good addition to addressing the cooling aspects that we are seldom concerned with. I have chosen Samco because I am convinced it is the best the market has. Look forward to your input!

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't think the hoses improve cooling at all, but no doubt they do look cool. If you do it, you may want to sell them with hose clamps. The stock click-r clamps will only barely work. They are a damn tight fit since the o.d. of the samco hoses is ever so slightly larger than the stock hoses.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm not so local to you, but I can vouch for Samco being the only replacements I'd consider. I've fitted them to other bikes to replace tired hoses. Both quality of the parts (exact match so no mods/fiddly fitting needed) and also the looks are spot on.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I put Samcos on both my Tambo and Tri. No question about the bling factor but not sure about the cooling. Somewhere I read that the silicone hoses transmit more radiant heat to cool the fluid but I'm not sure I buy that. But substituting alu tubes for rubber hose will, IMO, help the cooling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey guys,

No hard feelings Alex, but with less than half of the money I had my plumber Jim working on my F4.
I do not think that is a plumbing problem.
On the other hand, replacing the fans and the water pump will lower the temperature a few degrees.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving guys.

Eduardo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Samco for sure
Had them on my Ducati 916
Looked good as well as feeling assured that there would be no quality issues

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing your experience... I am more confident about our choice to only carry Samco.

Much appreciate it!

Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts