MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's see everyone's first bike... :king:

Here's my first bike... the year is 19?? well, let's just say I was 16...!!! :cool: :angel: :devilsmok :silly: :drummer:

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Never had a pic, but taught myself how to ride on a 1988 Suzuki GS650, it was slower than all hell, but it lead to greater things!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Is it a CB250 Kamran? Did you make that seat yourself? I bet you thought you were Peter Fonda on a budget. :laughing: I wish I had some pictures of my first road bike a Yamaha RD200, but sadly non survive. :bawling: Nice memories though mate, nice idea for a thread too. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had a blue one too! This one looks a little more modern than what I recall of mine. I had to give it up after the fifth time I crashed due to the handlebars coming off. Luckily my best friend had a Honda Trail 70 that he let me ride when his dad wasn't looking.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i pretty much learned on a buddies 1993 gsxr 750 but this is the first bike i bought out of college. I kinda miss her but not as much as now i have the MV :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
john said:
Is it a CB250 Kamran? Did you make that seat yourself? I bet you thought you were Peter Fonda on a budget. :laughing: I wish I had some pictures of my first road bike a Yamaha RD200, but sadly non survive. :bawling: Nice memories though mate, nice idea for a thread too. :)
... you're gooood!!!! :king:

Well, the building of it was kind of between me and a friend of mine, although I recall welding the thing back together so many times that I lost count!!! For some reason I wanted a dual purpose bike but like the look of a chopper, so I took it dirt biking often... nothing like a chopper catching air... well except for the landing that typically resulted in a number broken parts!!!... oh well, back to the weld shop!!!

Although I was a Peter Fonda on a budget, the girls sure didn't mind it??? :cool: ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
sgcullen said:
I had a blue one too! This one looks a little more modern than what I recall of mine. I had to give it up after the fifth time I crashed due to the handlebars coming off. Luckily my best friend had a Honda Trail 70 that he let me ride when his dad wasn't looking.
It's funny. I remember being out riding with my brothers in the desert near Phoneix AZ. I was the pup (3rd or 4th grade at the time), my brother Dave had a Hodaka 110 and Mike a KLE100. I cried because I was afraid to go up the hills by myself--seemed like mountains back then. I still remember my brother getting off his bike and riding mine right up the hill.

Bought my son a DRZ110 last year and took him trail riding. Unfortunately he ended up crying the same way. You try to install fear into your kids so they wont go out and do something stupid. But sometimes it backfires on you...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ha ha very funny thread. My first bike was a moped, not a scooter, but a moped. It was a piece of crap 1980 Yamaha QT 50 that had a terrible gas leak problem. I remember the head light went out so I taped a flashlight to the basket in the front. The light was very good except it shined up in the trees, so I had no idea what was in the street. Those were the days.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My dad crashed my first mini-bike. I was scared to death that my Mother would never let me have another motorcycle after his trip to the hospital. But then I got my Yamaha Mini Enduro, and it's been happy riding for over 30 years! Of course mine was originally yellow and black, but then I painted it blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Ok, let's see everyone's first bike... :king:

Here's my first bike... the year is 19?? well, let's just say I was 16...!!! :cool: :angel: :devilsmok :silly: :drummer:
Peace brothaaaaaa :toothless

My first bike was a 50cc Vespa :king:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My first two wheel scene was a lot like these photos in childhood ;)

http://www.qcql.com/korean/temp/qcql263_kr.htm

Here you can see the environment I learned to ride in, downtown Seoul. Really no place for a pre-teen to learn to ride but we did it anyway :laughing:

My first real bike bought with my own real money in Oregon at university in 1992? Odo stopped working at 36000miles of PNW rain and Baja desert.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
JamesC said:
My first two wheel scene was a lot like these photos in childhood ;)

http://www.qcql.com/korean/temp/qcql263_kr.htm

Here you can see the environment I learned to ride in, downtown Seoul. Really no place for a pre-teen to learn to ride but we did it anyway :laughing:
James, are you korean?

Nice stories everyone, here is my first ride, just like Matty's... sorta...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My first ride was a Honda Cub 50cc. That little sucka was fast for a 9 year old. I remember everytime I get on it hard, my heart was in the verge of jumping out of my throat...Man, what fun it was! :laughing:

...something like this

...Riding in Saigon, Vietnam gave a new meaning to rubbing fairing :laughing: The round-a-bouts were a major crackup. If you don't fight your way to the outside, you would be riding round and round until you run out of gas.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
darthmvader said:
98 cbr f3 I lost my virginity too. Good bike to learn on and I modified the front headlight by putting an Infiniti Q45 machine gun light.....
Holy cow, you put the machine gun light on it? :confused:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I learnt to ride on a friends XR75 and RM80 and finally saved enough to get myself a CR80 some years later...my parents didn't help and continue to hate motorcycles of any kind to this day. My first road bike was a brand spankning new first model blue/white RG250. :love:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts