MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am about to pick up a Dragster when the next shipment comes in - currently sold out in my area.

What do you guys think about the comfort of the dragster. How long have you ridden it before getting tired or some body parts feeling fatigue?

Is there a big vibration issue on the handle bars? For instance the BMW s1krr has a good bid of vibration half way into the rpm range. The Panigale on the other hand has less vibration in the throttle but i can feel the engine more throughout the bike. Thus my hand doesn't go numb on long rides on the Panigale. The BMW is ergonomically better so my body was very comfortable on long rides but my hands are bit numb after the ride.

Any dislike about the dragster? Any small or big nuances that bugs you?

This will be my first MV Agusta. I want to get some input from the owners before i pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance

-Eddy-

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I don't own one but I test rode one for an hour or so and compared to my Brutale 800 I didn't like the seat, it's not the comfort it's the fact the ridge in the seat keeps you pressed up against the tank and so if your riding at speed you can't shift back an inch or two to let your upper body tuck in, it also didn't feel so comfortable in the bends if you wanted to hang off to one side?

I'd also switch the rear tyre for a 190 or even a 180 to quicken up the handling

·
Registered
639 Posts
3400km and counting on my Dragster.

The seat is a bit hard, but the riding position is no problem for me. Plenty of space, just stay away from pizza and french fries during weekdays to keep it that way ;)

The only thing I don't like about my Dragster is the spray when driving a wet road.
You look like a jet-ski and your back wil show a nice muddy stripe....

Whats the ETA for your Dragster and what color did you choose??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey.. Brutale.. is the bike hard to lean?

I saw some youtube vid.. Not sure how he got hurt.. he broke his thumb riding.. but I heard he said the bike is different in the corners cuz of the rear tire...

How is your experience in corners with the bike?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
3400km and counting on my Dragster.

The seat is a bit hard, but the riding position is no problem for me. Plenty of space, just stay away from pizza and french fries during weekdays to keep it that way ;)

The only thing I don't like about my Dragster is the spray when driving a wet road.
You look like a jet-ski and your back wil show a nice muddy stripe....

Whats the ETA for your Dragster and what color did you choose??
Right now the dealer said September, if i'm lucky August. i'm going with the matte grey. There is a slight chance i may get the white for the simple fact that I'm a gear addict - my Panigale is white and my wallet will thank me in the long run.

After going through this forum i'm am bit worry about the stalling issues. I don't want to get stranded in the twisties that have zero cellphone reception.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Right now the dealer said September, if i'm lucky August. i'm going with the matte grey. There is a slight chance i may get the white for the simple fact that I'm a gear addict - my Panigale is white and my wallet will thank me in the long run.

After going through this forum i'm am bit worry about the stalling issues. I don't want to get stranded in the twisties that have zero cellphone reception.
The stalling is a nasty issue indeed, bit chances that your bike suffers from it are slim! And if it does stall now and then, it always fires right up again!

I had my b3 800 stall a lot of times, but it always started right up!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hey.. Brutale.. is the bike hard to lean?

I saw some youtube vid.. Not sure how he got hurt.. he broke his thumb riding.. but I heard he said the bike is different in the corners cuz of the rear tire...

How is your experience in corners with the bike?
Hi Sniper,

The 200 rear tire makes you work just a little bit harder cornering left to right.
No problem, altought my next rear tire will be a 190 I think...
Just go for a testdrive and find out. If you don't like the bike, order it with a 180 or 190 tire.

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my Dragster… My biggest complaint is the stalling issue, after 600 miles it got progressively worse.
I had some hairy moments when it stalled while overtaking cars on the twisties. Not cool!

After the third check up, the dealer found that the Sprag Clutch was causing me grief. This was after my bike wouldn't start, it had trouble turning over. The bike was out for about 6 weeks, the part took about a month to arrive.

I finally got it back, the next day I take her for a test ride…3 miles out, it stalled again, on the way back it stalled a second time. The next ride it stalled once. Following ride, 120 mi, it didn't stall. I'd like to think she is healing.

Other than that, I love the bike but if she doesn't put out, I'll take her back under the Lemon Law.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love my Dragster… My biggest complaint is the stalling issue, after 600 miles it got progressively worse.
I had some hairy moments when it stalled while overtaking cars on the twisties. Not cool!

After the third check up, the dealer found that the Sprag Clutch was causing me grief. This was after my bike wouldn't start, it had trouble turning over. The bike was out for about 6 weeks, the part took about a month to arrive.

I finally got it back, the next day I take her for a test ride…3 miles out, it stalled again, on the way back it stalled a second time. The next ride it stalled once. Following ride, 120 mi, it didn't stall. I'd like to think she is healing.

Other than that, I love the bike but if she doesn't put out, I'll take her back under the Lemon Law.
There was a new map released 2 weeks ago that is suppose to resolve the stalling issue and the high altitude "limp mode" issue.

You may want to check with your dealer to see if they know about the new map. It came out at the beginning of June. If they don't, contact Moto Forza (site sponser) because they do. They loaded the new map for me in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Resom, I'll double check to see if they uploaded the latest map.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thats very scary and unassuring. But the bike is so damn sexy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just took my Dragster in for the 600m service. My bike hadn't stalled at all until the day before my scheduled service. Another Dragster owner was at the shop at the same time I dropped off my bike. He mentioned he was having stalling issues (much worse than what I experienced). They remapped both of our bikes with the new map (I believe they said it was released on May 16th). I haven't had any issues since and will post if I do.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hi Sniper,

The 200 rear tire makes you work just a little bit harder cornering left to right.
No problem, altought my next rear tire will be a 190 I think...
Just go for a testdrive and find out. If you don't like the bike, order it with a 180 or 190 tire.

Good luck
Or get a 200/60

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just an update: My Dragster seems to be running good, I took her for a long day of riding through the Santa Monica mountains, she ran like a champ! I guess it was the Sprag Clutch.

If the mapping updates don't work and the stalling continues, have the techs look at the Sprag Clutch.

·
Registered
145 Posts

If you are willing to travel a couple hours to the Sacramento area I was just on the Elk Grove Power Sports website and they have a Dragster in stock, along with a dozen or so other MV Agusta's.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love the white wheels!!
Thats a great color!

So i call elk grove and they said they don't have any but their webite listed a white one. The sales person i talk to couldnt even give me a OTD price. :wtf:

A few places in the bay were willing to tell me. Oh wellk, going to try again on tuesday :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just experienced another stall upon slowing down as I approached a stop light. This is only the second time it has happened, but the first time after the new map.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts