MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to check if anyone has any feedback on Youi before I change over. They are way cheap.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Obviously never heard of Youi as I'm on the other side of the planet. Cheap insurance is one thing along with any added extra included features, the real 'test of their metal' is when it comes to making a claim. Probably the reason that you're sensibly asking for how others view the company you're looking at.

Just saying, there's cheap and there's good value. not necessarily the same thing. Have been with my current insurers for the last 6 years for exactly this reason, not always the cheapest but close enough and if I need to claim I know that the service will be good, I've tested it... The added bonus of included UK and European recovery is also an advantage.

Doesn't mean to say that I don't have to ring around every year to get a significantly better quote from elsewhere to then call them back and get them to lower the renewal premium. Annoying but I suppose they rely on those that just pay up to maintain a reasonable profit and support the fact that they'll take a slimmer cut from me.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Youi suck the biggest dog sack u can imagine.
Stay the fk away. Worse than aami.

They suck cos u are so restircted in what u can do, ie they will question ur kilometres if u say u don't ride that much etc and then if u crash they will challenge ur kilometres etc. Not like Shannons say for example if u put it down as minimial use and then one day u decide to do a 2000km epic ride over a few day, u will be still fine.

A mate of mine took Youi to the omnibsum and end up loosing took over a year. Then he had to take it to court using his expenses to then win. 1.5years in total to get paid out.

Please stay away, not with a bike like an Mv, who if u do crash and they do fix it they will take it anywhere they like even if u have choice of repairer. They operate under the sweatshop policy like AAMI do

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, after reading this I have decided to stick with my current Insurance company.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Good man

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got a quote from them amongst others but finished up extending the sold bikes coverage with IMR. B3 800 about $400 per year plus $2000 for gear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called them but couldn't see much point in changing over. With NRMA now, cheap and no questions asked.
They even cover a track day with Cali Superbike school :mouthwate

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got a quote from Youi a while back. They were cheaper but the f*ckers wouldn't leave me alone so I told them where to go. Currently have all my bikes and one car with Shannons. All are on limited use cover and I can't see any reason to change at this stage.

I've done some longer trips (~5k) over a couple of weeks and it wasn't an issue. I always make sure I call and confirm and that its noted on their end though.

For what it's worth - I have some acquaintances in the motorcycle towing/recovery and maintenance industries who tell me Swann is currently the best to deal with from their angle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm getting full coverage from farmers for around $86.00 a month paid for in yearly installments. covers theft..all riding equipment and towing.2015 dragster RR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In My job I work with all Insurance companies, so I have a good idea what their service is like at claim time.
Youi are the worst by far!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts