MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a bank (in which I am well in the black) tells me "I need to " contact them in 30 days to do XYZ I get p'd off especially when they are creating work for me,,,

What part of " I am a customer " don't they get ? I don't need to do anything thing ..They need to service me not the other fecking way around...:thewife:

1 1/2 hours this morning on the phone to moronic call centres cuz they don't know their backsides from their elbows in business terms.

joe

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not in UK. They are there to profit from you in any possible way, especially unscrupulously.
On one account I didn't see the minus in front of the funds available.
It was saying -£6.
They charged me £6 per day for it.

I change bank each time something like this happens. So everybody profits from me. Not just one bank. That would be unfair.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in UK. They are there to profit from you in any possible way, especially unscrupulously.
On one account I didn't see the minus in front of the funds available.
It was saying -£6.
They charged me £6 per day for it.

I change bank each time something like this happens. So everybody profits from me. Not just one bank. That would be unfair.

There is an arrogance which is beyond comprehension.. Still what do we expect from organisations that were built in wealth on the back of slavery. Fact

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been with The Midland ( HSBC) since 1979.. This was my first and only bank account, and they've always done good by me.. Mind you, I've never once been over drawn..
I always get caught with Paypal direct debit which comes a few days later, when I spend a few hundreds on the same day.

Instead of being refused by my bank, as in "there isn't enough funds".
Paypal to say they couldn't get their money, please pay now from another source.
My bank is more than happy to "help"...themselves in the process.

Banks would love you to feel guilty about processes which put you in a losing end.
Charge you £6 per day for even a penny overdrawn, really?
When my clients don't pay me on time, I am legally only allowed to charge them a rate of interest.
Why is it different when it comes to the banking industry?
When the banks make a mistake, do you see them paying you extra?

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

Hey Xeorex ( Sorry I don't know your Christian name)

I'm don't condone banks behaviour, especially after all the kerfuffle with the Libor manipulation and money laundering scandal ( which HSBC was part involved), but I found that HSBC or even First Direct in my wife’s case have always treated us with respect and appreciation.

I’ve got a HSBC premier account and that gives me a personal limit of £1500 free overdraft facility, not that I’ve ever had the need to dip into that back up.. The account is free and you get your own personal contact point..

Who do you bank with ?

·
Registered
382 Posts

Hey Xeorex ( Sorry I don't know your Christian name)

I'm don't condone banks behaviour, especially after all the kerfuffle with the Libor manipulation and money laundering scandal ( which HSBC was part involved), but I found that HSBC or even First Direct in my wife’s case have always treated us with respect and appreciation.

I’ve got a HSBC premier account and that gives me a personal limit of £1500 free overdraft facility, not that I’ve ever had the need to dip into that back up.. The account is free and you get your own personal contact point..

Who do you bank with ?

I refused the overdraft facility. It is against my policy. Anyway, now it is only available at Natwest branch when you pay £120 per year for the Silver Account.
I'd rather have 10% interests on my funds like it used to be before they started to get greedy.
Actually, they always have been greedy. That's why the economy is not based on gold anymore.
They weren't enough gold in the world to match all the notes representing the £ of gold (in weight) in the bank's safe.

More they managed to make you think you are a valued customer, more they managed to rip you off.
Same applies to credit cards. It is bad news to be a valued customer.

I am trying to think a bank I haven't used yet. I have used HSBC before.
It is harder than it seems because so many of them are the same bank with different name, under the umbrella of the same group.
I might try Lloyds this time, until my next mistake.

What puts me off First Direct is that you get charge £10 when you don't deposit £1000 per month on the account.
If that ever happen, that means it would be a really really poor month. The last thing I would then need is an extra £10 expense + charges for unauthorised overdraft.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
10% !!!... I dream of 10% and haven't seen 6% in years..

I refused the overdraft facility. It is against my policy. Anyway, now it is only available at Natwest branch when you pay £120 per year for the Silver Account.
I'd rather have 10% interests on my funds like it used to be before they started to get greedy.

More they managed to make you think you are a valued customer, more they managed to rip you off.
Same applies to credit cards. It is bad news to be a valued customer.

I was actually thinking moving to HSBC until my next mistake :)
The only criticism I can level at HSBC is they’re next to useless at offering any decent savings rates.. If you’re a saver, then HSBC is not the bank for you.. On the other hand, if you’re a borrower, then they offer possibly some of the best rates available…

Nationwide are pretty good for savers, but they’re old fashioned when it comes to banking expectations.. They’re stuck in the old Building Society mentality (which is not a bad thing) and not up to speed on modern day banking practices..

As far as the Santander group are concerned, they appear to offer the best of both worlds for savers and borrowers, but I think they lack customer service and appreciation..

They used to be part of the Abbey, which took over the Bradford & Bingley and Alliance & Leicester.. Alliance & Leicester to date is the only financial institute which I had to take to the FSA because of underhand practices, and for that reason I won’t use Santander..

How the F**K did we get onto talking about banking on a motorcycle forum.. It's that Joe again isn't it ?:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lee's Kitchen Sink. I guess anything can be talked about here.
That said, it someone has to be blamed, yes, it was Joe :king:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only criticism I can level at HSBC is they’re next to useless at offering any decent savings rates.. If you’re a saver, then HSBC is not the bank for you.. On the other hand, if you’re a borrower, then they offer possibly some of the best rates available…

Nationwide are pretty good for savers, but they’re old fashioned when it comes to banking expectations.. They’re stuck in the old Building Society mentality (which is not a bad thing) and not up to speed on modern day banking practices..

As far as the Santander group are concerned, they appear to offer the best of both worlds for savers and borrowers, but I think they lack customer service and appreciation..

They used to be part of the Abbey, which took over the Bradford & Bingley and Alliance & Leicester.. Alliance & Leicester to date is the only financial institute which I had to take to the FSA because of underhand practices, and for that reason I won’t use Santander..

How the F**K did we get onto talking about banking on a motorcycle forum.. It's that Joe again isn't it ?:)

Ha ha Very good John..this is the sink and I'll cry if I want to lol..

What happened to me is that the bank have noticed that I am not using my overdraft facility. So, they decided to reduce it by 100.00..Why ?

I set it so that lets say I am ill or just slip up at the wrong end of the month, I don't go into an unplanned overdraft..

being cynical maybe that is what the fookers want so they can nail me to the wall.

joe

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We can blame Joe for everything.. From the Israeli - Palestinian conflict through to the flooding in the UK back in Feb..

He can take it :).....

I'm a Catholic..I love the guilt so keep blaming me. I soak it all up :naughty:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've been with The Midland ( HSBC) since 1979..
Not that my opinion matters a whole hell of a lot, but I second HSBC. Had them for only a few years and they treated me better than pretty much every US bank I ever had (Wells Fargo for example).

I kinda miss my chip and pin. :(

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
What happened to me is that the bank have noticed that I am not using my overdraft facility. So, they decided to reduce it by 100.00..Why ?

joe
So the difference goes towards their bonus payment :)

I'm a Catholic..I love the guilt so keep blaming me. I soak it all up :naughty:
That's the one thing nobody can take away from us Catholic boys.. The more guilt the better..:yo: You can take the boy out of the church, but you can't take the church out of the boy..

Not that my opinion matters a whole hell of a lot, but I second HSBC. Had them for only a few years and they treated me better than pretty much every US bank I ever had (Wells Fargo for example).

I kinda miss my chip and pin. :(
Of course your opinion counts... Who said "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Voltaire. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
(Wells Fargo for example). :(
Would that be "BG Wells Fargo"??:laughing:
I never was any good with money!.

I'm with the 'Nationwide'...been with them for 'donkey's years' ..,never had a problem.

Oh and Joe .....'go an...., go an ..., go an!!' Have a cuppa tea! and say a couple of 'hail Mary's':)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Interesting thread. You can actually get 10% interest on deposits in the UK? That seems high. It is astronomical by US standards.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Interesting thread. You can actually get 10% interest on deposits in the UK? That seems high. It is astronomical by US standards.
No.... You're lucky to get 1.75% on a tax free ISA savings account...

Some current acounts pay upto 2% to 5% on current accounts, but have a limit on the balance held in the account..

For example, Nationwide gives 5% upto £2500 and Santander give 3% interest on balances from £3,000 and up to a maximum of £20,000.

You're better off buying classic bike parts. :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts