MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm always amazed by the lack of understanding Americans have for bargaining, or for keeping their mouths shut...

When you ask a dealer, who doesn't give demo rides on MV products, "What if you have the bike prepped, I take it out and decide I don't like it?" The reply? "I'll service it."

Or when you say, "The loan is approved but my god, that insurance is $3000 dollars a year?!", and they say something vanilla instead of saying, "Yes it is, but I know this supermodel that has said she'll spend a week in Italy with the guy that buys this bike!"

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Or, "You know this bike isn't going to be much fun in the city."

Dealers should NEVER, ever, say something like this unless it's followed by, "But you can outrun any cop car in _____ and kill yourself in a way to get your relatives on FOX News for at least a week!"

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Of course, honesty is a plus. However... Sometimes I miss the plaid-suit wearing salesguys who'll lie to your face but make you happy that you bought that POS. Honesty has no place in selling an object of lust.

It's like going on a date with a beautiful woman (or guy), only to have them, over that first dinner, telling you about every single phobia, plastic surgery, and financial difficulty they have had in the past twenty years.

I think that Saturn was the worst thing to happen to this country. Honesty in car sales. Good fraking gods.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
However... Sometimes I miss the plaid-suit wearing salesguys who'll lie to your face but make you happy.....
Well, I've had a little practice at it, and I've been known to wear a white belt and wide lapels......so, here goes.....

Dana, you're a smart, eloquent, good looking guy. :naughty:

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
So Dana, did you buy something, or is all this just hypothetical? :wtf:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Jeez, not happy with getting an honest person/deal, and not happy when you get fisted on a deal. There is just no pleasing the miserable. :rolleyes

·
Old Wing Nut
22,155 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Now there's a salesman at work if I ever saw one!! :humpother
Ed, it's a "liar's contest"......first and last liar always wins......you wouldn't do well. :)

·
Old Wing Nut
22,155 Posts
I have never been a good salesman....never.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
22,155 Posts
Ed......what about Pam? You sold her, right? :wtf:
I'm not sure......did I "sell" her, or did she "sell" me..????
Either way, I'm a happy boy...:)

·
Super Moderator
24,095 Posts
Ed, you simply chased her until she caught you.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I have never been a good salesman....never.
Ed......what about Pam? You sold her, right? :wtf:
I'm not sure......did I "sell" her, or did she "sell" me..????
Either way, I'm a happy boy...:)
You sold her Ed......not to hurt your feelings, but you're not a handsome man :wtf: (nor am I).:stickpoke. Closing that deal required supreme salesmanship.

Take it from a man that knows supreme salesmanship. :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts