MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is not what I said when I stripped another one of my engine/frame mounting bolts, well not the bolt but the actual thread in the cylinder head.
How would you fix it, M12x1.25mm thread, not funny.

I've done this before, just wondering if there's any new idea's out there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Helicoil to the rescue.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, one side done Chuck, problem was that it stripped just as the shops closed. Do you know how hard it is to find a M12x1.25x80mm. No chance, and even harder to find that size heli, so back to industry standards, M12x1.75x80.
Pretty sure it might be stronger than before.

The other hard part is clearing that out with a drilling machine, cant wait for it to bite and go right into the motor.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Yup, one side done Chuck, problem was that it stripped just as the shops closed. Do you know how hard it is to find a M12x1.25x80mm. No chance, and even harder to find that size heli, so back to industry standards, M12x1.75x80.

The other hard part is clearing that out with a drilling machine, cant wait for it to bite and go right into the motor.

80mm seems very long Donsy..The oe bolts are only 30mm long
joe

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm guessing building up and rethreading isn't an option? Replacement head??? :ahhh:

Don't think there's much in the way of advancement when it comes to stripped threads...same old tricks.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Dons, I'm in Perth, if you need I can source helicoil and bolt for you, and deliver as I'm not working. Give me a call 0419 158 034 Mark

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help and offers guys, managed to get the right length bolts and used helicoils to nail the bastards back in.
Love you work Balz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts