MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,491 Posts
This sounds alot like AMP in Georgia.....

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The layout is completely unsuitable for motorcycle track days. Lined with trees, rock walls within close proximity to turns. No way will that track see any race bikes, at least not with that configuration.

Chuck's right, a lot like AMP, another track that no biker in his right mind will ever ride.

It cracks me up that they build these tracks with the intention of attracting bikers and then configure them with completely inadedquete run off!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The layout is completely unsuitable for motorcycle track days. Lined with trees, rock walls within close proximity to turns. No way will that track see any race bikes, at least not with that configuration.

Chuck's right, a lot like AMP, another track that no biker in his right mind will ever ride.

It cracks me up that they build these tracks with the intention of attracting bikers and then configure them with completely inadedquete run off!
I think they configure the track as they see it to be fun and then start attracting prospect customers to include motorcycles. You are right it is not a safe track for motorcycles as it is configured right now. Hopefully Tony will help with that safety issue.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Dan, Remember our trip out to AMP? It was apparent that they hadn't given any thought to motorcycle safety. They were anxious to have buy-in from the motorcycle community but the lay-out on the rear section was such that there was simply no way to make it motorcycle friendly. A long high-speed sweeper to the left with a 50 foot drop 30 feet beyond the run off. No way to fix that: there's either a sharp drop or a wall at the end of the runoff; either one is unacceptable. Frankly, I wouldn't even take a car on AMP, much less a bike. Ditto for this course.

·
Super Moderator
22,491 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the development goes. It does state in there somewhere that improvements are on-going and the plan is to make the track safe for motorcycles. I plan a visit to the site in the near future as it is only about an hour and a half from me.....

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't been to the recently inaugurated NYST in Harpersfield, NY but my friends have the same observations. Trees too close and cliffs if you wander too far.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I remember AMP. There were so serious concern with that track like you mentioned. In some sections the wall was going to be very close as well.

Trees are easy to remove as compared to the cliff or a hill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts