MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I conviently told my Fiance that MV didn't make a fast bike during the purchase of my Brutale. The week I picked it up she happend to google MV and found the new F4's land speed record... I got yelled at.. Now this:
I got to buy a new helmet, an Arai Signature. I bought the helmet because it has an English bulldog on the back with the UK flag as it's dog tag. My family is almost 99% from Wales. I get the helmet, bring it home and start to look it up online. I find out the helmet is for a racer name Hocking. Turns out he is from Whales and was an MV Agusta rider in the mid 60s. So all excited I burst into the living room reading his Bio to my girl, completly interupting her movie. "Babe, check this out, this helmet is after a guy named Hocking, he used to Ride MVs and was one of their great riders, listen to this." I read on, "he watched his best friend die at the age of 24", I'm 24 now, "Then he switched to racing cars. Then he too died at the age of 25 in a car accident".
*hit....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Don't have any of those problems - wife lives by herself with the kids so I buy and do what I like!!

I'm sure other things make up for the abuse from the fiance though!! HE HE HE!!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Gary Hocking was a great rider in the early 60's and was teamed up with Mike Hailwood for a short period. As you correctly say, he left competitive bike racing after the death of his close friend Tom Phillis at the IOM TT. He took up car racing but was killed the same year driving a Lotus in practice for the South Africa GP in Durban. I never saw him ride as I was too young, but I recall my Dad saying he had the skills of Tazio Nuvolari on a bike. No mean compliment as Dad reckoned Nuvolari was the best ever in his opinion. :blah:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am, engaged for only a few months. don't regret it in the least but can''t help at laugh at my brillance sometimes... i proof read everything now! just need to set up a firewall that will block any info about the bike from her an i'll be allset!
cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts