MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched for this topic, but couldn't find it, although I am sure it must have been discussed. Anytime I do an image search on the web for MVs, pictures of a Yellow/Silver schemed F4 come up, one of them even links to www.cagiva.cz.

So, today I looked for every yellow F4 picture I could find (not including customs), and although there are many variations of these, the below picture shows the 5 unique angles that I could find. I can't find one picture taken outside of the studio.

Does this bike exist? Is this pre-production artwork of a color that never made it? A photoshop job? Is there an official story to these pictures?

What do we know about the yellow F4?

Just curious, at home nursing a nasty cold...Thanks!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
785 Posts
A few years back, when the F4 1000 was released MV painted up a bike in these colours for the Milan show... it was never released.

Recently when speaking with MV in Italy, we asked about it... nobody at MV liked the color hence why they didn't proceed with this version.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why thank you very much, emoto...Mystery solved in less than 17 minutes. The power of MVAgusta.net!

It doesn't even look like it made it to the Milan show? Or I would expect to have seen some pictures of it on the floor. Alas, these studio images may be the only evidence it even existed. It seems like I may be missing an angle, left side, but maybe these 5 are it?

Thanks.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eMoto UK said:
Funny the MV Agusta decal being placed on the tail unit!
emoto,

Thanks for the sweet pics...I kinda like the yellow, but then, I've never been accused of being normal...

The decal back on the tail is interesting. The Tamburini has one back there as well, only it says 'MV Agusta', not 'Agusta MV" like this yellow one.

I wonder who owns this one now? Claudio? It might be a one-of-a-kind!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
178 Posts
twoeleven said:
The decal back on the tail is interesting. The Tamburini has one back there as well, only it says 'MV Agusta', not 'Agusta MV" like this yellow one.
I bet if you could see the other side of the tail fairing of that bike it would say MV Agusta.

The stickers are set up the same on the blue/silver bikes which actually made it to production.

I stole these pics from a fellow forum members for sale ad.

BTW I LOVE that yellow/silver paint.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good point...You just never know with MV...Case in point, see below...One picture is a press release photo of the Tamburini's tail, with colored 'Agusta MV' on it, the other is the tail of my Tambo, which has the same decal on each side, 'MV Agusta' with no color.

Either way, the yellow bike looks far better in emoto's photos than in the studio shots, and I too am sorry it never made the cut.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
DISCLAMER: I LOVE MV AGUSTAS, I DO NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE WITH THIS POST, NOR DO I MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE'S BIKE

It's a shame that they didn't release it, the only way you get mv's that arent red and black, or red & silver is through moto corse, alka, or your own aftermarket creation. The new white R isn't a Tamburini, but i'm glad to see that mv is adding more colors to their lineup. Some of you may want to vote me off this forum, but i'm starting to feel bored of the red and silver ones (although I love them when they have the gray wheels). Being part of a forum where rare bikes are common place has made some seem more common than others (Although I'd still like to have one :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: )

OR

Perhaps I am only losing my mind due to the fact that I don't have an MV :mad:

·
Registered
338 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
DISCLAMER: I LOVE MV AGUSTAS, I DO NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE WITH THIS POST, NOR DO I MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE'S BIKE

It's a shame that they didn't release it, the only way you get mv's that arent red and black, or red & silver is through moto corse, alka, or your own aftermarket creation. The new white R isn't a Tamburini, but i'm glad to see that mv is adding more colors to their lineup. Some of you may want to vote me off this forum, but i'm starting to feel bored of the red and silver ones (although I love them when they have the gray wheels). Being part of a forum where rare bikes are common place has made some seem more common than others (Although I'd still like to have one :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: )

OR

Perhaps I am only losing my mind due to the fact that I don't have an MV :mad:
Similar to joining a Ferrari site and commenting that your bored of red Ferrari's!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
May You should beat Your cheapness, than You would know what You are talking about. And than You could surprise us with what ever color You like. We can't await it !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts