MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove all the yellow dots on the fasteners left on by the factory?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that would hold true for things which you haven't removed but once you remove it I doubt it would line up perfectly again.

spalding12 said:
i'd leave them on....
it's the best and quickest way to VISUALLY INSPECT your bike to make sure that nothing is loosening up before ridin.

they really aren't noticeable and can save you life

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That would be time for new dots. Any color you want:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
dumbcomputers said:
How do you remove all the yellow dots on the fasteners left on by the factory?

If you were to remove all the hardware, the easiest way would probably be sand blasting, but make sure its all clean before re-installing. If you dont have access to a sanblater I would say a wire brush. If you want to do this with them still on the bike, acetone MIGHT do it, but i would be to worried about staining somthing else if it were to drip.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bye bye yellow dots!!!

I tried a couple of different solvents and think Goo Off works the best. It's a little more gentle than straight aceotone. Thanks all for the suggestions.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Some Guy said:
If you were to remove all the hardware, the easiest way would probably be sand blasting, but make sure its all clean before re-installing. If you dont have access to a sanblater I would say a wire brush. If you want to do this with them still on the bike, acetone MIGHT do it, but i would be to worried about staining somthing else if it were to drip.
If you sandblast you will remove the gold plate off of the bolt DO NOT SANDBLAST unless you want to reduce your bolts to a satin/dull finish.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
When I worked on aircraft years ago we used teflon beads to blast and would not affect the anodize some people use wallnut shells to also avoid peaning of sheetmetel and worping. And thats every thin i know bout sanblasen that ther. :silly:

·
Registered
822 Posts
rsduce said:
If you sandblast you will remove the gold plate off of the bolt DO NOT SANDBLAST unless you want to reduce your bolts to a satin/dull finish.

Ths would only apply if you over use the sand balster/glass beader.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts