MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a 100 miles on the new Brut this evening. WOW I can't think of enough superlatives to describe how much I'm diggin' this bike. So, it isn't the fastest, best handling, best suspended or best braked street bike I've ever owned. And it has a few faults (worthless mirrors and uncomfy seat). But, I don't care. The smile this bike generates with its look, sound, feel and character has already made it my new favorite street bike.

The only problem is its taking every bit of self-control I have to keep from just flogging the crap out of it...its just beggin to let her rip. Can't wait to get enough miles on it to see what the upper-rpms are like.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fazer6 said:
What other bikes have you owned? :confused:
I don't have time to list them tonight, its a long list. Somewhere around 50 or more. But, the one I was referring to above was an '05 GSXR 1K...fantastic bike with unbelievable motor, handling, brakes and suspension. But, a bit frustrating because its capabilities are so high that you can't "flog" it on the street without going crazy fast. With a first gear that takes you to 100mph, you can't exactly run it to redline in the first few gears without getting into "go directly to jail" speeds. And, Hallett, our local road race course is so tight and technical that the gixxer was overkill for that too... actually, my wife's sv650 was more fun at Hallet than the gixxer. To me, its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. :)

I'm definitely not saying the Brut is slow, I think its going to be "just right".

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I would be very interested in your impression of the Brute once you get the opportunity to flog the crap out of it ........... I'll bet that you fall in love with it even more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts