MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
The secret to greg's post count revealed: MULTIPLE POSTS instead of editing original post :laughing: :popcorn:

·
Registered
503 Posts
logos1111 said:
http://www.2wf.com/content/view/454/2/ so do u think he'll race hard , non factory ride might be a shock for yates ? hes kinda a moody guy
I don't think I'd characterize Aaron as a moody guy. He's one of the most down to earth people in the paddock. If he has a flaw, it's red mist. Sometimes he just can't help himself and he pushes beyond the limit.

I think it was '01 at Laguna Seca, he crashed in practice and manned the broom in the Yoshimura pits to sweep up the gravel that the mechanics were spilling out of the bodywork - one of the Yosh guys said to me "you'd never see Matt do that".

Next day he was 7 seconds in front of the AMA Superbike race when he crashed hard in turn 9. I met him at the trailer after he'd had his wrist and forearm casted and said "Aaron, you had it made" I was distraught. He said "oh well, it's just one of them thangs".

That's Aaron.

·
Registered
503 Posts
BTW - Aarons team mate will be Jake Holden. I knew him from the WMRRA days, the kid has talent. I hope Aaron continues to teach him as I'm sure Jason Pridmore did. If things had worked out as I hoped, Jake was one of the guys I'd have put on one of my bikes - but that's water under the bridge now.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Well, let's not forget the drop kick incident involving Yates and Fania at Daytona. How about the laying down on the track to bring out a red flag incident at Road America (or was it VIR, I don't recall). The guy doesn't deserve a factory ride after those types of incidents. I don't expect anything stunning out of him this year.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the drop kick an other past temper out bursts is what i ment . they can be seen 2 ways great passion for his job or a lackof mental strentgh . he wont be on the first class seats he had in yosh < im not saying MJ's race team is drive ur own bike to the track > but it weights on a racer . if things dont go well an he has second class set up , an it isnt great passion , but mental weakness i cant see him riding to hard . hell just collect a check . holden on the other hand was a great find for MJ's team .i think a guy like Ben Attard will replace arron . if ben has another slow year with kawi , hell jump ship an go to a higher profile spot .

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
RobP said:
Well, let's not forget the drop kick incident involving Yates and Fania at Daytona. How about the laying down on the track to bring out a red flag incident at Road America (or was it VIR, I don't recall). The guy doesn't deserve a factory ride after those types of incidents. I don't expect anything stunning out of him this year.
It was VIR. That and the comment afterwards of VIR and US tracks being rinky dink or something similar. Too funny.

With all that being said, I used to love watching him ride. He'd come out of T6 at RA or the last tight right at BIR cranked over with the front in the air. Awesome to watch.

I hope he does well.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I like to see character in a racer but I'd prefer to see it off track if I'm honest. I don't want to confuse racecraft with personality. Practical jokes, insightful interviews, bar brawls, playboy attitudes, trouble with the law..I'm ok and would probably admit I like this in a racer. Punting people off track, deliberate interruption for your own gain, displacement of blame and loss of control are not respect earning traits. I'm interested to read the above positive comments however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts