·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Looks good Mr. Very good.

I bet you didn't get those Ti bolts from John Deere:stickpoke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks ok. I would like to see a version, that fits into the frame design. It appears that on the lower side there is an overhang measuring about an inch, which does not fit well into the overall picture.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Looks great Mark, it takes a lot to make just a small part like that. good effort man.

Looks ok. I would like to see a version, that fits into the frame design. It appears that on the lower side there is an overhang measuring about an inch, which does not fit well into the overall picture.
And what did you make ? I like CAG's saying.
Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Although I am sure Mr.Master can handle a bit of constructive criticism, down to the inch.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm happy to get a thumbs-up from Donsy or any of the members
on this Forum. That's why I run stuff by you guys, for the input.
Thank You.
Vortex, the main reason I elected to make them that size, on the
bottom leading edge, is to cover the hideous bracket that MV came up
with as a recall for 100 or so Y10 F4 Sub-frames. So I think this does
the job.
I've got lots more ideas, and I'm anxious to share my pieces and parts
With ALL you guys for Real in-put, and Honest feedback.
Thanks again.
I'm planning on Carbon Fiber on these Sub-Frame Panels in the near future.

·
Vendor
5,410 Posts
Mr.Master you will always get knockers on this forum,like I did with my project.It used to get to me but now I just ignore them and get on with the job,and also what I think about knockers is why dont you get off your arses and do something about it yourselves and see how you go,good on you mate and keep up the good work,Mitch.

·
Registered
456 Posts
honestly i think that it looks good,

but if someone were to just paint them black they would probably literally disappear in a way with the rest of the subframe, who knows someone know how to photoshop these pics to see how it would look?

maybe the carbon versions that you are considering would have that same effect.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are the first painted set. We know that the mix-shop needs to work on that silver just a bit,
That color is a bitch, looking different with reflected light.
The Frame is a shade of Black, with-out a shiny finish, to blend with it, these pieces would be painted
a Shade of Matte Black.
Soon I'll be installing Race Bodywork, and these little covers will add to the options for overall Paint design scheme.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mitchy, Outstanding work on your Hub, you had the vision and made it happen.
Hats-off to you for that. I hope my Y10 hub lasts a while, but if I kill it, I know where to get
A Properly Designed One!!
Regarding the "Knockers"(Haters) out there, Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone's got one.
I don't mind it much, and I like to say I'll listen to a 10 year old kid, I just might learn something.
But, some People's taste is ALL in their MOUTH. Easy to disregard those sort.

·
Vendor
5,410 Posts
Mr.Master,thank you for your comments.I have put so much time and money into my project and only now since I have sold some I am getting more positive feedback rather than negative.I will never make money out of this that is for sure,but I did not do this for that reason but personel satisfaction in solving a weak point in these bikes,so mate I have respect for you in your input,the forum needs guys like you that accually go to the effert in inprooving our machines,my hat off to you,Mitch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts