MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents,

I fitted a quick shifter from Chris over the weekend to my Brutale 1078RR and its not working. He did give me a heads up that most times these things think they are in sixth gear when first fitted and need a little tweaking. I emailed him, but I do realise he is a busy man (and sometimes can't get back to you straight away) and was wondering if anyone on the forum has fitted one, had this issue and rectified it.
Any help greatly appreciated while I wait for Chris to get back to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what have you done, or not done, to connect or set it up with the ECU?
Which ECU are you using ?
A little bit of info goes a long way towards getting the right answers.
It is connected to a Microtec that Chris supplied a couple of years ago and I followed his installation instructions. It powers up fine, displays 1.4 on startup (software version I think). There is a way to go into monitoring mode that Chris alluded to with his instructions, but hasn't gone into any depth. He had a caveat with his instructions saying that most of them think they are in sixth gear when initially installed and to contact him by email or phone if it didn't work. I have emailed him, but appreciate that he is busy man, hence the question to the forum members. Pretty sure that I can sort it if I can get some instruction on how to get into the different modes.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Okay, sorry Len, I use Microtec's also, but install the quick shifters the "old" way. I'm pretty sure I know what Chris was referring to but I'd be stumped trying to explain over the net.
I had the same problem with my launch control.
Hang in there brother, I'll send him a FB message too, I seem to recall that he's in main land Europe this week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Donsy, the only contact I have is via email. Thats the reason I asked the forum, hoping someone had the same issue.
I have no issue with Chris's service, done more than required at times. As I stated earlier, I know he is a busy man, just got to wait in line.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nads, mine does that sometimes, its also coupled to a Microtech.

Chris advised to reset the strain gauge as in my case it defaulted back to road pattern rather than race pattern that I use, also check that the cable is coming out vertically at the top of the peg (or bottom in reverse pattern) as the they are highly directional and if tilted from the vertical will not always trigger.

Other than that it's been ultra reliable for nearly two years now,,,,,

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sorry mate i'm in Italy at the moment and internet is sketchy but you raise a good point for these shifters that i'll do a FAQ for this.

If you don't mind waiting until i'm back i'll do you a walk through PDF doc for this as its likely to happen to others and this will save me time make for quicker more helpful replies.

This is entirely unrelated but i feel i need to share that i have just had the most amazing steak in my life. melted in my mouth, sublime food. I love this country, drivers are nutters but food is exquisite.

;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry mate i'm in Italy at the moment and internet is sketchy but you raise a good point for these shifters that i'll do a FAQ for this.

If you don't mind waiting until i'm back i'll do you a walk through PDF doc for this as its likely to happen to others and this will save me time make for quicker more helpful replies.

This is entirely unrelated but i feel i need to share that i have just had the most amazing steak in my life. melted in my mouth, sublime food. I love this country, drivers are nutters but food is exquisite.

;)
No problem waiting for your PDF Chris, the bike still goes even with if the quick shifter is not. I hope you read my earlier posts, there is no dissatisfaction directed at you, if anything it is the opposite, very happy with your support, but I do realise you are a busy man!

You lucky bastard, I was in Italy a coupla of years ago, scootering around Bellagio and Northern Italy smashing down the local cuisine, even managed a MV factory tour with Marco (champion bloke). Couldn't agree more on both counts, especially the drivers on the narrow roads around Lake Como. Enjoy your trip

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nads, mine does that sometimes, its also coupled to a Microtech.

Chris advised to reset the strain gauge as in my case it defaulted back to road pattern rather than race pattern that I use, also check that the cable is coming out vertically at the top of the peg (or bottom in reverse pattern) as the they are highly directional and if tilted from the vertical will not always trigger.

Other than that it's been ultra reliable for nearly two years now,,,,,
Thanks Frenaugo, will double check to make sure it is installed as you describe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts