MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf:

so i do a little riding this weekend on the evo2. by sunday, i have one bent front rim, lost tank fairing, and this engine flooding causing my bike not to start has gotten on my nerves. outside of that...the MV is a blast. i praise it every time i get off of it.

as for the bent rim, i have to say i was at a pretty serious lean and must have hit a pothole or something because i heard a *PING* and my feet came off the pegs in a ID kind of reaction to save myself. remarkable the bike just wiggled and kept on going...lean and all. so i just kept on going too. it wasn't till the next morning that i noticed the bent rim. tires still holding air, so i'll worry about it off season. and yes, i waited FOREVER to like by these stock silver rims used. :wtf:

as for the tank fairing...i don't know when, or how it could have come off. i was just pulling up to a stop and a bunch of other bikers came over to admire it, and i looked and saw the panel missing! :wtf: anybody feel sorry enough for me to give me a spare throttle side tank panel? :bawling:

as for the flooding, i'm sure the power commander is contributing to this, so i'm going to have a remap done in a week. 85% of the time after riding it with hard throttle, when i stop and turn the bike off, it will not start and you can smell the overrich stink coming out the pipes. no problems once running except hearing an occassional backfire in the intake. i'm blaming it on the PC, because i just put new plugs in it and it's still doing it. never had the problem before PC install. i think it could be TPS or something off that's over richening the mixture at start up. i have to look for a slight hill everytime i park now so i can pop start it. :wtf:

as for me. I LOVE THIS BIKE! riding it is so confidence inspiring. i have to make it my business to get to the track this year, but riding time is getting hard to come by these days. but being a parent has it's rewards too. :cry: :grin:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
odonata said:
Sorry to hear about it... hope you get everything back to normal soon.

Just view it this way: it's time for new carbon pieces and aftermarket rims :naughty:
For sure, the universe has it's way of letting us know when and this cannot be argued with.

oh and mmmmmmm carbon....we need a drooling smilie,

Admin :stickpoke :stickpoke :later:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i still don't know how it was possible to come off. i mean my leg was there...well except when i was scraping my knee along the pavement. :naughty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts