MV Agusta Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for parts for a project bike. I'm searching for a 2010 and newer swingarm (f4-or brutale). I would like a complete set up, swingarm, hub axle,sprocket carrier, brake rotor. A little rash is okay, doesn't need to be perfect.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Hi The actual swing arms are the same part.
I have an MY 10 hub and axle and all the parts you need including a swing arm.
Ill work out what they owe me and then if you are interested Ill do pics for u.
Can I have your email and country please.
Kind regards
Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the same swingarm, I assume you mean the f4 and brutale not the new style vs old?

Work out your price and send me a pm and if it is something within my price range we can go from there.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
By the same swingarm, I assume you mean the f4 and brutale not the new style vs old?

Work out your price and send me a pm and if it is something within my price range we can go from there.
ok . If you require a specific MY10 swingarm..Startwin trading are a gpod source new or eBay or maybe a forum member has one spare

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheap as possible! Got a couple of different ways I can go with it. Not in a hurry, do I will decide based on what I am able to source.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Cheap as possible! Got a couple of different ways I can go with it. Not in a hurry, do I will decide based on what I am able to source.
Not a great answer to encourage people to help you, JDS asked a straight forward question and he is one of a few on this forum that will be able to sell you a swingarm.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
What you've got to bear in mind is that most people on here are “Fed up”, and not “Hard up”..

If you’re hoping to get hold of a post 2010 swinging arm assembly complete with hub, rear axle and sprocket carrier for under £500, then I suggest you go back to the drawing board and start again.

The forum is a great place to get help on buying the correct parts for MV’s, and in some cases people are willing to go that extra mile and give stuff away at cost or even free.. ( Joe is a perfect example of been known to undertake that gentlemanly gesture).

However, if you insist on keeping your cards close to your chest ( which is totally and completely your prerogative), then I can’t see a reason why a supplier would bother getting off their ass to help out, if there isn’t a sale to be done…

Good luck with your project.. but I'm out..

Not a great answer to encourage people to help you, JDS asked a straight forward question and he is one of a few on this forum that will be able to sell you a swingarm.
Cheers Chris for those kind words.. You're a gent!

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

Entropy;

with 8 posts you might make a effort to find out about the people you're talking to......

the 3 Gentlemen that have responded are exceedingly kind and generous......

I'm the Curmudgeon :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I usually don't start a negotiation with what I am willing to pay. If you have something on offer, post up a price and if it is attractive we can find a mutually agreeable price. If that is somehow unfair then so be it.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I usually don't start a negotiation with what I am willing to pay. If you have something on offer, post up a price and if it is attractive we can find a mutually agreeable price. If that is somehow unfair then so be it.

I don't have a long swingarm to offer you.

Best of luck in finding one ..That would be either new or as rare as hen's teeth on the used market.

I have found one in 5 years....

So the part is rare ...I sold mine to a forum member...I gave him the price and he bought it. Nobody was trying to make big bucks out of anybody. That's how we work on here...We trust eachother..:smoking:

ps Long swing arm fitted to CorsaCorta F4 and Brutale 1090R....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe, all of the 2010 and up f4 and brutale swing arms are 20mm longer than the first gen swingarms. Nothing overly special or rare.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Joe, all of the 2010 and up f4 and brutale swing arms are 20mm longer than the first gen swingarms. Nothing overly special or rare.
Hmmm Yes they arent rare but not many breakers.

Check the swingarm part numbers ...Good look with your project..: )

·
Registered
14,741 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Who said anything about anyone selling a swinging arm... You started this thread by asking if anyone could help you find a post 2010 swinging arm assembly..

Don't you think it's fair for someone to ask what your budget is or expectations of cost before that person starts ringing around their contacts to see what's available out there ?

And as far as the polite art of negotiations are concerned, don’t you think its a good idea to introduce yourself, so people know who they are dealing with ?..

As Ed suggested, at this stage Ebay might be your best bet...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Entropy;

with 8 posts you might make a effort to find out about the people you're talking to......

the 3 Gentlemen that have responded are exceedingly kind and generous......

I'm the Curmudgeon :naughty::naughty:
Yeah, seems pretty hospitable so far:jerkoff:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who said anything about anyone selling a swinging arm... You started this thread by asking if anyone could help you find a post 2010 swinging arm assembly..

Don't you think it's fair for someone to ask what your budget is or expectations of cost before that person starts ringing around their contacts to see what's available out there ?

And as far as the polite art of negotiations are concerned, don’t you think its a good idea to introduce yourself, so people know who they are dealing with ?..

As Ed suggested, at this stage Ebay might be your best bet...

Actually, I never solicited for a middle man to help me find anything. I asked if anyone had something to sell. If you have something post up, otherwise I don't understand the hurt feelings over something I never asked for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.