MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am trying to update my brakes on my R1. Currently the cast 6 pot version I got from an F4 750, and CRC mirrors from another owner (pictured). I would like to put some monoblocs on. The second pic shows them closer, just before we put in the STM slipper. :naughty: :blah: :blah: Anyways so that is the fitment I need.

It seems a few MV owners were updating to radial setups... if so maybe someone would like to keep the dream alive and help me keep my Jap bike slightly more Italian.

Thank you if you can assist me

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
wow...somebody upgrading brakes and not wanting to go radial??? on top of that, they want the squishy, inadequate MV nissin's??? :jsm:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For 2002 the highest offered brakes available was a semi-radial fitment.

I am considering full radial but pending new forks.

Nissin's inadequate...hmmmm, well the master cylinder I feel has alot to do with the performance of the brakes. (pictured)

I opted for ISR master cylinder lever from Sweden. All squishyness denied. Actually they are scary.

So back on topic... Does anyone have any squishy old useless monoblocs (hehe)?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My brakes work fine if I re-surface the rotors. Once the surface wears off, they are not as good.

It's a disc problem, not a caliper or master cylinder problem. Note that the newer bikes with radial Brembo calipers have Brembo discs too, not the thin stainless ones that came on the older bikes.

The calipers in the above photos are not MV calipers. MV calipers have a different mounting scheme which may or may not work. Look at pictures of MVs...

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
xdonniedarkox, when are you going to sell your R1 and all that bling you installed in it and buy an MV F4? :D

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I dunno about you guys...but my brakes work perfectly fine. They're not nitpicky brembo sensitive, but they'll be quick to throw me off if I grab a handful...

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Yup, I agree.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The R1 came with Sumitomo Monoblock calipers to begin with. I don't get it. Hope you find what you're looking for, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts