MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That is kinda what I'm thinking. I got a new AEM nut coming tomorrow. I am curious to see if it fits in this tool. If it does not an email is getting sent to moto wheels

·
Registered
847 Posts
Interesting @Theducman so Speedymoto sells a MV tool with the same part number. One being straight and one being tapered with the same part number? Maybe its a marketing concept. Or it could be a labeling error. What does Speedy Moto say when presented with the issue? Just had my coffee can’t you tell?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I believe motowheels took over speedymoto. So I have talked to them. Last time we talked they assured me that it was exactly what I needed and it would fit. I have not a clue if there are two kinds of tools. My part number matches the one for an MV. I will wait to see if the new nut fits.. My guess is it wont. But I am going to see.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Update!

The AEM rear axle nut that I got, fits the speedymoto tool perfectly. So.. The oem nut is bigger than this one. Very strange

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Makes me think the AEM is straight cut

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Could be...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Yes! This has been a strange journey for sure. I hope this helps other MV owners too

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
New nut is on.. If perfect into the tool. So the AEM is the one I am getting from now on if i need another one

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Glad I can help other MV riders

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, as someone suggested in this post I purchased the SSR socket, the one for front and rear, which you can buy in Amazon or eBay here in the US. I'm not sure if it's tapered, I find it hard to tell, which might mean that is not. The socket is very solid, and not cheap $80 plus shipping.
I was able to remove the wheel with minor damage to the nut. Mine was really stuck, last time the wheel was changed was about 6 years ago. I'm attaching some pictures. Overall, I would recommend the SSR socket.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
That tool looks like it did well. Maybe another solid option

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, as someone suggested in this post I purchased the SSR socket, the one for front and rear, which you can buy in Amazon or eBay here in the US. I'm not sure if it's tapered, I find it hard to tell, which might mean that is not. The socket is very solid, and not cheap $80 plus shipping.
I was able to remove the wheel with minor damage to the nut. Mine was really stuck, last time the wheel was changed was about 6 years ago. I'm attaching some pictures. Overall, I would recommend the SSR socket.
View attachment 478799 View attachment 478801 View attachment 478803
Did you try with the front wheel??
My SSR tool just worked for rear wheel.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts