MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting coincidence, I was just pricing out the OEM ducati plastic pins, they're stupid expensive (~$9 a piece). You can get the same rubber strap from ducati (76410141A) for 2 bucks. Ducati of jacksonville has cheap shipping for little rubber stuff:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought it from motowheels and was told that its a tight fit

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What the hell.. Why does mine not fit like that. Now I'm out 70 bucks for a tool that does not work. I should have waited to see if anyone had a good one forsale on here

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
None just some rub marks thats it. The bike is new only one tire change done my me with a friends 12 point socket last year

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same Speedymoto socket part # 04-0203 from Motowheels as well that is safe for impact. It is a tight fit. I use a rubber mallet and a couple of taps and it's flush. I just assumed that was how it was supposed to fit. It works fine and doesn't mar the nut.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the same Speedymoto socket part # 04-0203 from Motowheels as well that is safe for impact. It is a tight fit. I use a rubber mallet and a couple of taps and it's flush. I just assumed that was how it was supposed to fit. It works fine and doesn't mar the nut.
Ah ok thank you!! I thought it was the wrong size. I was hesitant to whack it on because it's such a tight fit

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I have this but I was hesitant to use it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah the speedymoto one is a super tight fit... The socket in my pic fits flush but has a little play around the nut

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
i don’t understand the tapered bit that is mentioned here. But like the other poster stated. You tap it with a rubber mallet to get it on snugly. If I recall correctly.
Yeah the speedymoto one is a super tight fit... The socket in my pic fits flush but has a little play around the nut

AS for the "tapered bit": It has been much discussed that there is a 2 degree taper to the wheel side nut. It is wider at the base than it is at the top.
If you use a straight socket of appropriate size, you run the risk of maring the nut at the contact surfaces because of Leading edge contact on the straight socket.
I have both a SpeedyMoto version and a MotoCorse version. Both fit flush and snug with no rattle and simply slip into place neatly with no need to tap them home.

I'm left wondering if later models of MV have a straight sided wheel nut. I might check on my 2015 B3 800RR

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It is very strange.. I am waiting to hear what you find out

·
Registered
732 Posts
AS for the "tapered bit": It has been much discussed that there is a 2 degree taper to the wheel side nut. It is wider at the base than it is at the top.
If you use a straight socket of appropriate size, you run the risk of maring the nut at the contact surfaces because of Leading edge contact on the straight socket.
I have both a SpeedyMoto version and a MotoCorse version. Both fit flush and snug with no rattle and simply slip into place neatly with no need to tap them home.

I'm left wondering if later models of MV have a straight sided wheel nut. I might check on my 2015 B3 800RR
Ah yes, Now that you mention the tapering. I see it. Yes, there is maring on the nut because of the non-tapered socket. Thanks

·
Registered
732 Posts
This says it all

21 - 37 of 37 Posts