MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking high and low for a 312 (1078 preferred) in Red and Silver but cant seem to find the right one at the right price

Probably for the best as the more I look at the graphics and fairings of the 312, the more (please dont hate me) ,, im reminded of the CBR 600 F series :jsm:

anyone know of a good F4 Ago for sale?

thanks

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Welcome K916. Here's some help to narrow down your search. :)

An Ago is not a 312R or a 312RR. The 312R was sold in USA in '08 and in other countries in '07. It had a 998cc engine. The 312RR was sold in USA in '09 and other countries in '08 (and '09 I think). The 312RR had a 1078cc engine. The Ago was a limited edition bike that sold as an '05 model with a 998cc engine. Here's a not terribly accurate summary of the F4 lineage - it doesn't show the 312R as a separate model, but the one they show as the F4 1000 R is actually the 312R - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#Comparison_of_F4_models.

BTW, where are you located?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

G'day mate. That's an absolute beauty but I think prices are rather high in Aus. There was an immaculate Ago in California that sold for 13K a year and a half ago :-(

Welcome K916. Here's some help to narrow down your search. :)

An Ago is not a 312R or a 312RR. The 312R was sold in USA in '08 and in other countries in '07. It had a 998cc engine. The 312RR was sold in USA in '09 and other countries in '08 (and '09 I think). The 312RR had a 1078cc engine. The Ago was a limited edition bike that sold as an '05 model with a 998cc engine. Here's a not terribly accurate summary of the F4 lineage - it doesn't show the 312R as a separate model, but the one they show as the F4 1000 R is actually the 312R - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#Comparison_of_F4_models.

BTW, where are you located?
Thank you so much for your reply Italia. I'm based in Dubai but willing to import. In fact i imported my Ducati 998 from New Jersey last year.

I re-read my post and realised it was rather confusing. I've been looking for a 312 but havent managed to find one. Its just that I'm starting to dislike the look of the F4 bodywork and decals which remind me of the Honda CBR F series from the 90's

Thats the reason why I'm looking for an Ago, which has the classic MV F look :)

Careful, some on this forum might take offense to that statement.
:bandit::2up: :flamethro
I know .... I better be careful

:)

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Since there were 300 Agos built and only 60 were imported for the USA; it would seem to make more sense to look for one of the 240 that are mostly in Europe if you're going to export to the UAE anyway.

The only reason for buying in the USA is because we Americans can't import road-legal bikes from abroad. So unless there's a difference in market values and exchange rates relative to Dubai currency, I'd be searching European sources for an Ago rather than the USA.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since there were 300 Agos built and only 60 were imported for the USA; it would seem to make more sense to look for one of the 240 that are mostly in Europe if you're going to export to the UAE anyway.

The only reason for buying in the USA is because we Americans can't import road-legal bikes from abroad. So unless there's a difference in market values and exchange rates relative to Dubai currency, I'd be searching European sources for an Ago rather than the USA.
Thanks for your response Veltro

Yes, I am looking in the both the US and the UK. Its hard work getting through to the other European countries mainly due to the language barrier.

I imported my 998 from New Jersey but the shipping guys - Schumacher logistics were the most horrible, lying scoundrels on the face of this earth. Their insurance policy was a sham too

This time I'll be working with Chas Mortimer :drummer: I'm certain he's as good with shipping as he is with motorcycles

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Thanks for your response Veltro

Yes, I am looking in the both the US and the UK. Its hard work getting through to the other European countries mainly due to the language barrier.

I imported my 998 from New Jersey but the shipping guys - Schumacher logistics were the most horrible, lying scoundrels on the face of this earth. Their insurance policy was a sham too

This time I'll be working with Chas Mortimer :drummer: I'm certain he's as good with shipping as he is with motorcycles
I'm probably being as selfish as anything else. I hate seeing the few MV Limiteds in the USA being re-exported when a majority are available elsewhere.

I personally know of two Tamburinis that went to Dubai, including the last new one left in the crate. With Europe so close, I'm just miffed at the small USA quantities being diluted. They don't ever come back once they leave here.

Australians have little choice by comparison, since they didn't get many MVs and there isn't a close local concentration like Europe is to the UAE, etc.

Just my own pet peeve. Nothing personal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm probably being as selfish as anything else. I hate seeing the few MV Limiteds in the USA being re-exported when a majority are available elsewhere.

I personally know of two Tamburinis that went to Dubai, including the last new one left in the crate. With Europe so close, I'm just miffed at the small USA quantities being diluted. They don't ever come back once they leave here.

Australians have little choice by comparison, since they didn't get many MVs and there isn't a close local concentration like Europe is to the UAE, etc.

Just my own pet peeve. Nothing personal.

I know how you feel :-(

If its any consolation, I promise never to take a Harley out of the US :laughing:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I know how you feel :-(

If its any consolation, I promise never to take a Harley out of the US :laughing:
Why not? I think you should import a Night Rod Special or something. You don't really need an Ago anyway. The Night Rod is much more desirable. F4s run hot, and Dubai is HOT.

:naughty::smoking::yo::D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just as a reference point a very low (3k) mileage Ago was for sale at Ducati of Austin last year for $15k and it went after about 3 months.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not? I think you should import a Night Rod Special or something. You don't really need an Ago anyway. The Night Rod is much more desirable. F4s run hot, and Dubai is HOT.

:naughty::smoking::yo::D

we can even things out here. #2 MV Corse is for sale in Dubai... price is $25K

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
we can even things out here. #2 MV Corse is for sale in Dubai... price is $25K

Too bad it doesn't work that way. I'd buy that Corse SP15 Nº 2 in a heartbeat, but it can't be imported into the USA. That's what I meant when I said they don't come back once they leave.

It can't even be disassembled and shipped for import. They've closed all the loopholes since mid-2009. Trust me, I've been attempting importation for over 4 years.

PS... I don't see a Tambo on e-bay. Hopefully, it's in Europe. LOLOL.

(Sorry for the convo, Donsy.)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sorry, but is that a Corse ? hmmmmm...

By the way Blake, so if the SP kits are kits, why can´t you buy/import ? If not the bike the Kit?

..ermmm....

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Sorry, but is that a Corse ? hmmmmm...

By the way Blake, so if the SP kits are kits, why can´t you buy/import ? If not the bike the Kit?

..ermmm....
I can. Most don't want to sell just the kit, though. I'd thought about buying yours and doing an international parts swap. :)

Looking more closely at that Corse, it's way over-priced. It doesn't appear to have the carbon trim package, and definitely doesn't have a full Ti exhaust. That's Tambo money, and it's just the plastic bodywork and Marchesinis. Plus, it's built on an early bike rather than an R or later.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts