·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody sells 1/4 turn original fairing fasteners? I am missing 4 of those

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
That company doesn't have the originals....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmm, how are the originals different? I've bought them from the site before and they are the exact same as the ones on my F4.

Edit: you have to go to the MV section on her page. They have the OEM ones.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
Well now, under the category "you Learn Something New Everyday"...I searched that sight a month ago and could not, for the life of me, find MV Agusta original Dzus fittings.

With your tutelage, I have found them. Thanks.

Reactions: whobeyou

·
Registered
56 Posts
You had me kind of worried that I bought some cheap chinesium or something :). I agree the site isn't laid out extremely well, but I've been pretty pleased with the service I've gotten from them.

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
I have a set of the Moto Corse Ti fasteners...they have a hex hole as well as the bail.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, how are the originals different? I've bought them from the site before and they are the exact same as the ones on my F4.

Edit: you have to go to the MV section on her page. They have the OEM ones.
Looks like they are gold color. I need silver ones like original

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Expensive, but so nice and OEM style but much better quality. https://www.pro-bolt.com/titanium-d-ring-quick-release-stud-17mm-12.html
I purchased some stainless Pro Bolt ones and they were really nicely made, but did not orientate correctly as per the factory ones when fastened. It really bugged me. They did NOT supply a refund. I ended up re plating the originals and won't buy anymore from Pro Bolt.

When I pay a premium I expect them to be a premium product.

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
Strange you say that Glenno.
I put a set of Dzus fasteners on my bike from Pro Bolt some years ago and they fitted perfect as far as orientation goes.
Maybe they sent you the wrong ones if that is possible.
But you are right about their extremely high prices and their service should match that.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I had a similar experience as Glenno. Bought gold fasteners from Pro Bolt and after a few months (removed fairings about 15 times) they started to sit crooked and loose. I lost two and I let them know. They were nice enough to send me a few replacements but I just went back to oem. It seems that the metal on the rear wears and renders them useless to me

Reactions: mitchy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts