MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it seems like no one in the usa are selling these bikes so i have turned here to try and find my new (used) bike.

im looking for an early model (00-03) F4 750. preferably low miles and clean title is a must. i am located in the SF bay area.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure mine will help but I have a very early bike is it a 2000 S/N 00039. I live outside Charlotte, NC and the bike has about 11K miles on it. See my ad dated Nov 9 for details. I am most likely too far away for you but if I did not tell you I would feel the fool.

Jim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure mine will help but I have a very early bike is it a 2000 S/N 00039. I live outside Charlotte, NC and the bike has about 11K miles on it. See my ad dated Nov 9 for details. I am most likely too far away for you but if I did not tell you I would feel the fool.

Jim
i actually saw your ad and it is exactly what i am looking for. how much would it be to ship the bike to san francisco? also, if you could provide me the link to your picasa so i can check out more pictures that would be great. i doubt i am going to be able to find any early model f4's around here so if i dont find any bikes closer to me, i will most likely pick yours up (if its not already sold by then)

·
Registered
174 Posts
PM sent on Picasa link. I have not shipped coast to coast but from what I have heard $6-800 should be what to expect. Here is a link to a shipper I was considering when I bought the F4S but ended up meeting the seller half way. http://www.haulbikes.com/welcome.html There are many more and if you look on eBay they have a lot of them listed. I have no experience with any of them.

Jim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
capo's bike is very well maintained and if he lived closer, i would pick it up from him but paying the extra 700 on top of his asking price isnt going to be worth it to me, so the search continues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2000 F4 750ORO

7500 miles

-Full 12km service done with fuel filter replacment.

- New bmc air filter

- New NGK spark plugs

-Puig Double Bubble Windscreen

Asking 14K if anyone is interested

Located in San Diego, PM for contact info.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just pm'd you about your asking price, but then i just read 14K. too rich for my blood. beautiful bike tho.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice bike and color scheme.

P.s did you bent the metal on your truck so it could fit?:naughty:

hahaha no, my dad slammed on the brakes with about 2,500lbs of silicone sealant on a pallet and it slid forward, bending the bed and shattering the rear window. funny how it worked out because the bike wouldnt have fit in the bed of the truck if it hadnt been bent like that. literally millimeters between the rear tire and the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Congratulations. One year wait wasn't bad. I waited 14! Are you going to put any mv decals on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations. One year wait wasn't bad. I waited 14! Are you going to put any mv decals on?
actually ive wanted an MV since 99, i just havent had the cash for one until last year and i ended up buying a classic mini cooper and selling it. so you could say i did wait 14 years haha.

yea my plans for the bike are the reinstall the mirrors, paint all the silver parts gloss black and clear coat all the carbon fiber w/ all the stock decals underneath the clear to make it look like it came like that from the factory.

do you know where i can get a decal set? ive found them on ebay, but i feel like it would be a gamble to buy some of those.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
I do. The best I've found so far was from srsigndesign on ebay. I ordered a bunch of different MV decals to do my helmet as well as to cover scratches. Although very high quality, the gold in the tank emblem was not metallic so I would have to say that if you want perfection, you'd have to fork over the money and order them from a dealer. Maybe someone here can prove me wrong and suggest an alternate source.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and it took me a total of 48 hours to lowside my bike. ughhhh. cold tires+oil spots = slip and slide. at least the damage isnt bad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, i think i cracked a rib but ill be fine. my bike has some road rash on the carbon, but i think i might be able to save it. the lowside was at like 10mph so nothing is too messed up. i just need a new bar end, rearset and some correction work on the cf.

i still cant believe i crashed. it was the first time i have ever crashed a bike on the street in 14 years of riding and almost 80,000 miles. guess every run has to come to an end.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Ooh, sorry about that. Think of it as a forced parts upgrade. Sato makes some nice rearsets. Took me almost 3 weeks to finally choose a pretty set of barends. You are on your way to making it truly yours.

·
Registered
118 Posts
found.

I've seen and rode Capo's bike. Its great, clean and well kept. No issues dealing with him either. His asking price is fair and even with the shipping you will not find a cleaner one.:mouthwatebobL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts