1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freight's the killer for bulky items like that. I'll try local first. The seller sounds like he has a trick 1000, given how many bits he's replaced. I sent him this forum details. Hope he drops in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
screen

I am in Brissie and have access to screens, clear, tinted, colored, standard or double bubble (none in F4 1000 profile... unless someone is willing to donate one for me to copy - and send replacement of course{in tint or color if desired} )

I take it you are building an F4 out of parts like myself ? I have a road registered MV 1+1 but also building up a track one, so may have a few parts as doubles during my collecting. Let me know what you are still chasing up

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey Al....need a billet Emoto annodised black fuel cap (race cap...no key), I ordered what I thought was 1 for myself and actually ordered 2!! Can't be hasseled to send it back???

·
Registered
110 Posts
ahh filler caps,.... hmmm I just got a heap machined up and still have about 25 of them left from the first production run, getting jap ones CNC'd right now. I'll post some pics in my album.

Anyone got a 1000 screen they want to exchange for a tinted one? Trying to get hold of one to mould up

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've got a clear OEM F4-1000 windscreen.... However, you know how shipping is between the USA and Australia... Would probably be about the same price to buy a screen there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yellow900 said:
ahh filler caps,.... hmmm I just got a heap machined up and still have about 25 of them left from the first production run, getting jap ones CNC'd right now. I'll post some pics in my album.

Anyone got a 1000 screen they want to exchange for a tinted one? Trying to get hold of one to mould up
yellow900=Ed of Racersden right?

Graham,
there's your chance for a screen. Ed will sort you out. Up your way too.

Is the 1000 screen different shape but same mounting holes as 750?

·
Registered
110 Posts
former racersden, needed to regain some quality of life (ran full time job, studied law part time, volunteered for a public housing organisation that does refugee re-settlement and ran racersden with a business partner all at the same time) basically couldn't get enough decent laminators for the f/glass and carbon manufacturing so rather then getting frustrated we opted to shut the whole lot down.

That said we sponsored a number of privateers for a few years and 2 have landed contracts thanks to all the work we put in for them (financial and arranging rides at Suzuka 8hr, Asian FIM, etc ) Robert Bugden is now Shawn Giles team mate with Suzuki Australia and Alex Cudlin has followed his brother to FIM Endurance racing and is signed with a UK Kawasaki team so it's not all been for pigs arse

1000 screen has a deflector lip at the end, a slight kick at the edge to push the air higher, same mounting though

But for now it's time to tinker, ride and have some fun on the bikes myself again and help Bridget build her carbonsport site up. But here to help if I can.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome yellow900!
I could help with screen, what would be the downtime in sending my sceen to receiving one back.....can't live without riding for too long!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im not sure if you've tried retailers like Casoli in sydney or Paul Feeney in Qld or Moto One in Melbourne, these guys are changing screens for customers pretty regularly and i just picked up a s/h screen for $135 AUD. Give them a go. The contacts are:

Casoli - Tim (02) 9981-6444

Paul Feeney - Leon (Spare Parts) (07) 5596-6088

Moto One - Hester or Brian (Service) Spare parts guys are no help, they will just wanna sell you new. (03) 9568-0100

Good Luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
whoaa $135 second hand .. maybe I need to have a price hike.. new standard $110 profile and double bubble (higher profile) $139 + postage or pick it up in Brissie. if there is anything you need around Brissie just give me a pm and I'll let you know if I have it. Support the local dealer by all means but don't give them all your trackday money ! :blah:

·
Registered
29 Posts
awiner said:
I've got a clear OEM F4-1000 windscreen.... However, you know how shipping is between the USA and Australia... Would probably be about the same price to buy a screen there.
If you're looking to part with your 1000 screen, shoot me a pm - I may be interested. Thanks, kevtam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts