MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy the race exhaust that came with the 910R. Or the MV Corse exhaust, you know, if anyone feels like selling one...

Primarily looking for the cans, but will be getting a de-cat midpipe as well so if you're selling both/full system, let me know

thanks

·
Registered
14,413 Posts
Looking to buy the race exhaust that came with the 910R. Or the MV Corse exhaust, you know, if anyone feels like selling one...

Primarily looking for the cans, but will be getting a de-cat mid pipe as well so if you're selling both/full system, let me know

thanks
Chris;
I have 2 sets of head pipes
a decat mid pipe

2 stock sets of cans

I run an Arrow thunder

call me

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope

lol,,k I'm still learning

is this the race one ?
The 910R (and maybe other R/RR models?) came with a different exhaust that looks like the standard OEM shotgun cans like your first photo plus a de-cat midpipe. If I understand correctly, if you purchased the bike new it came with the standard exhaust fitted, and separately included the R exhaust and new chip to go with it.

I assume (maybe naively) that it's lighter than the comically heavy standard cans, and that it has a freer flow. Since switching to a shorty exhaust, like your second photo, is such a common upgrade, I thought someone may have the R cans and want to sell them.

Ultimate aim is to keep the OEM look, get a little more airflow, and drop some weight off of it. And, you know, a slightly different sound

To help clarify:

This would be my dream option. MV Corse Ti :mouthwate (the old style like this, the new "OL4" has carbon tips that I'm not a fan of)

...but this 910R option is friendlier to my bank account:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Corse Ti exhaust

If You want it lighter and keep it original looking, this is what You need.
Sometimes they pop up in Europe for a somewhat reasonable price since they are not street legal.
I got the complete Ti set of ebay from a dealer in Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, that's the full ti Corse system, right? That's what I posted the drooling smiley over

How much did you pick that up for? Curious what the actual "street price" is that people have been paying

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I paid roughly 2500 USD for it.
But You have to consider that this was north of 5000USD once upon the time.
And the demand and sale of this system was way higher in the US than in police controlled Europe.
So I fear the Ti full systems and mufflers are likely sold out at US dealers or if anyone has a system left, even more expensive.
Getting them in the US is likely only as used system possible.
In case somebody is selling his bike and sells the Ti system separately.
Other than that look over in Europe, I think Startwin has some mufflers at least, if not even the whole system.
Shipping comes in addition but should be not to drastic.
Customs is a bargain.

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
The pre-euro 3 Brutale 910R came with the "race" exhaust system and chip. The 2008 (US) model 2007 in other countries is when the change to Euro3 spec occurred and exhaust was no longer included (and bike's price reduced as well).

There were 2 kits available. The Corse kit that came with the pre-Euro3 bikes was stainless steel. The Ti kit was a catalog accessory. The kits (both Ti and inox) for the Euro3 910 came with a new ECM. The older model kits came with a chip.

The "Thunder" single low can was an Arrow product and was not in the MV catalogs for 910.

I have the full inox kit and ECM fitted to my 2008 910R. Photos in my album. Randarosa has the full Ti kit fitted to his 910R. (Our bikes are twins from the same dealer.) Other than the pretty blue color, lighter weight and bigger price tag on the Ti system, they look and sound pretty much the same.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randarosa has the full Ti kit fitted to his 910R. (Our bikes are twins from the same dealer.) Other than the pretty blue color, lighter weight and bigger price tag on the Ti system, they look and sound pretty much the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There were a few pics where the headers looked bluish. I can't remember if they were purported to be SS or Ti -- it was so long ago. The system had very few miles on it when the pics were taken, which may have affected color.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
Here is a shot of Gina with the inox Corse kit installed.
You can see that the pipes do get a dark blue tint when hot, but turn back brownish when cool. The Ti system turns a pretty baby blue and stays that way.
The top can is printed with "Brutale Corse" instead of MV Agusta Corse, and does not have have the "titanium" logo.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to all for posting photos, and to Ed for the clarification. Those were my understandings from reading around the forum.

The stainless Corse system is the one I was hoping to find with this post; because the Thunder is such a common upgrade, I assumed some Corse systems would be out there somewhere. My comment about a Ti system was more of a joke, but ironically the only one I've located at the moment is a Ti system.

The craftsmanship on those is gorgeous as made clear in Randy's photos. Just not sure my wallet would appreciate me going with the Ti option

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The Ti system turns a pretty baby blue and stays that way.
Like this......!!:mouthwate......although I'm still using the standard mufflers.
Brian:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts