MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont spoil it, but just in case someone else does...
Awesome racing in all classes. We are in for a great spectacle with all the brands being competitive.

The track makes for great racing with a lot of passing moves. Very impressed with Lowe’s, particularly with his big balls passes going in to turn 1.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
NBCSN did not show race 1. They Showed FLUFF with race 1 highlights then race 2. NBCSN Had alotted enought time to BOTH races but they think its NASCAR and want to know if riders wear boxers or briefs ect

NBCSN If your reading this by chance, we are Motorcyclists who ride exotic High end, High Tech Superbikes that cost roughly 36000$ new . To afford these High end machines we graduated College, got good jobs, and bought big houses in the Suburbs . WE ARE NOT RED NECKS .We dont want to know all the riders back story. SHOW US THE RACES. ALL THE RACES.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Last year, the Ducati Panagale V4. was deemed by DORNA to be SO fast ,SO innovive , SO good ,it was UNSPORSTSMAN like and UNFAIR to the other competitors. DORNA could not let such an Injustice go unpunished so the Penalized Ducati . NOW this Year Ducati is DOWN on power. Physics/Engineering works the same for everyone.. If Dorna would keep there hands OFF the Manufactures efforts the teams performance will level out. Ducati AND Kawasaki penalties for having greater race engineering prowess should be rescinded aking with the whole Horsepower manipulation system It has been a faikure from the start

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Im all excited.
All pumped.

Krummy the champion of last season on the beautiful #1 F3.
Jumps the start and bins it in turn 1 and folds that F3 up like a beercan. WUFF!!
Sigh...

Hopefully world superbike will keep this form of racing throughout the season.
Although Rea still looks to have the upperhand above all other riders.

Toprak razgatliogo on the Yamaha looks to be a promising combo aswell.

Also Honda, mixed results through the 3 races. But definitely an improvement.

All I miss though is an MV In the paddock.
:(

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
BGS I and MANY others also Miss the MV F$RC on the WSBK grid. Not only was the F4RC stunning ,but i ended up being the 3rd best WSBK package on the grid.An AMAZING accomplishment being the F4RC used a 20 year old inline 4 Hemi Head design. The only Superbike Packages stronger than the F4RC where the Ducati 1299 Panagale and the title winning Kawasaki ZX10RR. AND IMHP REA is Such a strong rider he just might have If MV had signed REA by some miricle Rea could have brought another WSBK title to MV .(FYI REA and MV NEVER EVEN HAD DISCUSSIONS)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I Digress.... BGS, Ducman said MV had GOOD? Showing You said MV dumped in Turn 1?????? DUCMAN IF YOU THINKCRASHING IS A ...GOOD .. RESULT?? IMSORRY BUT YOU CANT BORROW ANY OF MY BIKES TO DO A TRACKDAY ECT ECT . LOLOLOL

DUCMAN......Just Kidding/busting your chops. WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
In reality the F4 was always up against it, I still think Camier was the right guy for the job. What he needed was a team mate and development. The engine was not powerful enough and un-reliable, it was only in 2018/19 that the HP figure of the F4 WSB engines made sufficient power and had reliability.

Don't get me wrong, I love the F4, but it needed a lot of luck or adverse conditions to win a WSB race, a podium was in reach at the start of each season. The basic frame is good, ok it needed a little strengthening, the mass relocation and stiffened / lengthened swingarm are normal mods. We just needed power and reliability. Clearly increasing the power can start to stress the chassis, but for 220 RWHP it still seems capable. The basic bike is still my love.

Not sure if MV will ever take the new F4 into competition, it's an expensive thing to do and while we love the 37 WC's is it enough to try again? The tie up in Moto2 is great but how much is really MV?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
. . . The tie up in Moto2 is great but how much is really MV?
Fair point. I think it is a shame the MV name must be 'compromised' by another's powerplant. I understand the need for 'level playing field', but Moto 2 is open class racing in the same manner as Moto GP and Moto 3. Why then, should Moto 2 be more akin to the control classes of Asian Cup/British Talent Cup/Repsol Series et al? Just weems wrong to me.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
In reality the F4 was always up against it, I still think Camier was the right guy for the job. What he needed was a team mate and development. The engine was not powerful enough and un-reliable, it was only in 2018/19 that the HP figure of the F4 WSB engines made sufficient power and had reliability.

Don't get me wrong, I love the F4, but it needed a lot of luck or adverse conditions to win a WSB race, a podium was in reach at the start of each season. The basic frame is good, ok it needed a little strengthening, the mass relocation and stiffened / lengthened swingarm are normal mods. We just needed power and reliability. Clearly increasing the power can start to stress the chassis, but for 220 RWHP it still seems capable. The basic bike is still my love.

Not sure if MV will ever take the new F4 into competition, it's an expensive thing to do and while we love the 37 WC's is it enough to try again? The tie up in Moto2 is great but how much is really MV?
In all honesty, I'm more and more leaning towards that the F4, more reliable or not, could have scored easily Podiums. We all thought Leon Camier was the right Guy, because he replace a pretty average Claudio Corti who was happy to get a few Points back in the Days.
But I'm not as sure anymore since we saw the Results Leon achieved with the Honda.
I'm pretty convinced Leon Camier will never be any better anymore than he was on the F4.
Jordi Torres a Guy who was on any Bike just in the mid Field was on the F4 also only in the Mid around P10.
What could have happen with the F4 if a Jonathan Rea, a Tom Sykes, a Bautista or so would have run that thing.
We will never know, but I lean towards the F4 had more Potential than her Riders.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Hi Haupi, its amazing how well the F4RC did in WSBK as the Engine is a 20 year old design with hemi heads(Thats what it says on MV official site) and despite chassis engineers stating the steel trellis chassis design could not handle modern WSBK Horsepower levels , The MV F4RC could hold a tighter apex than any other bike on the grid. A friend of mine who is a pro rider loves the MV F4RR/RC and considers its handling is on par with the new BMW S1000RR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts