MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of Jonathan Rea being he fastest rider in WSBK most, including yours truly , most people thought the 2019 WSBK season was a contest for 2nd place. Philip Island practice times argue that Rea may actually have a fight on his hands in 2019 as Baustia? and he new Ducati V4R was the fastest the new BMW S1000RR 2nd fastest and Rea and the Kawasaki ZX10RR 3rd fastest . Being an avid race fan the news made my day even though I bet 100$ on Sykes ending the season 2nd assuming Rea was going to win the title yet again. I read the new Ducati V4R is brutally fast and can hold its own in the corners . I HOPE Dorna stays out of the regulations and do not hamper the new Ducati V4R for being a great race bike like they did to Aprilia .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Agreed, been loving the testing so far. It might finally be as you said, not just a fight for second anymore. Ducs and the new s1000 look like brilliant bikes. Hopefully they can continue some success into the regular season. Sykes is an excellent rider so I suspect he will stay in the upper part of the group.

Wish we had an MV constituent though.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I would like to see Rea take the title again this year, but having to fight for every point, in order to do that.

Not sure how well the 3 races per meeting is going to work....we will see, soon enough.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Xpar as long as they do not put pit stops in the race. Pit stops ruin close racing . 3 sprint races should be exciting .

DB-509 I TOO would love to see the MV F4RC on the 2019WSBK grid. I would give odds MV AGUSTA could have signed Marco Melandri in 2019. legendary Italian rider on Legendary Italian Motorcycle brand, with a team ALL to his own. Much more appealing than riding for a privateer team on a Japanese brand. Melandri has previously stated he preferred riding for Italian teams/manufacturers. In 2017/2018 the MV F4RC was on par with the Yamaha r1. The MV F4RC was the best handling bike on the WSBK grid and the Yamaha was slightly faster(2-3 KPH) in trap speeds. With Melandri riding finishing consistently in the top 6 is realistic. Maybe even a podium on a tight technical track.

Instead MV AGUSTA went to Moto2 ditching WSBK after losing Camier . IMHO MV pulled off miracles. The MV F4RC used an 18 year old engine design AND a steel trellis chassis .Chassis engineers wrote off the steel trellis chassis YET the F4RC was the best handlin bike on the WSBK Grid(MotoCourse & WSBK Review) MV AGUSTA then squeezed the 18 year old engine design to produce enough Horsepower to get within 2-3 mph of the BEST NEW DESIGN ENGINES whos team had 4-5 times the funding . MV OWNERS SHOULD BE PROUD .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Had a nice little debate about 2 months ago with a buddy about how Bautista will bring the ability of outright speed, that Rea cannot match. It just comes down to his race pace and if he crashes.
He thought I was full of $hit, and well Fogarty mimicked my words, and the first test of PI summed it up (INITIALLY).

Bautusta was in motogp for a reason, and yes he was hot, then not, and now seems to have found his old mojo. I am pulling for him without a doubt.

Sadly Davies off season injuries and whatever else have taken a toll on him, and surprised Sykes is up front, but sure come raceday he will be his old self, not able to scrap.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XPAR when it rains Superbikes come in to change tires. And it fouls up the race and any chance of a close exciting race . In the rain its a case of Surviving until the end of the race Look at NASCAR with mandatory pit stops . In NASCAR a close finish is when 1st place is a mere 100 yards in front of 2nd place LOLOL.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JD I bet you 100$ Sykes would finish 2nd behind Rea . I am still willing to keep the same terms but we didn't count on Bautusta or any other rider taking the title OR Davies out from injuries. I know Sykes has a weight disadvantage but I believe the New BMW S1000RR will be such a strong race bike Sykes will be 3rd (since bautusta has come on as a title contender) do you want to change rider since davies is out with injuries ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts