1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
For $290K it better come with a couple Victoria's Secret models that know how to service both the bike and buyer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I quickly scrolled through, only looking at the pictures, and thought damn I like these, then I saw the prices... I don't like them anymore...

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
An exercise in throwing bling on a bike for the sake of being blingy. Using carbon fiber on a bike that weighs that much is just a play at being trendy.

Isn't the jury still out on the benefit of 6-piston front brake calipers? Of course with a huge 1750cc engine, there's probably 600+ lbs of weight in that bike that has to be slowed by those brakes.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Some paid as much or more for an MV CC, and there were 100 of those. These look to be one of a kinds. For serious (seriously rich) motorcycle collectors, this might be worth it. Its like Nicolino said.

There's certainly a lot of aftermarket "bling" on them.

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
These are hand built one off bikes....they've been written up before. Customer spec from a base design, upgrade where you desire starting with a high level of standard.
The design brief is performance, so everything is lightweight materials and top level suspension/brakes etc.
They actually are not all that heavy and reports are they handle very good and make big power (torque)....but you have to be rich and want a bike no one else in the world has. These appear to be the original spec samples.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
With current market values, A $300,000 Ecosse Ti equals...

F4 CC
F4 Veltro Pista
F4 Veltro Strada
F4 Senna II
F4 Tamburini
F4 Ago
F4 SPR
F4 Senna I
F4 Serie Oro

I prefer the collection of MVs. (Or whatever other multiple bikes one might prefer.)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
These are hand built one off bikes....they've been written up before. Customer spec from a base design, upgrade where you desire starting with a high level of standard.
The design brief is performance, so everything is lightweight materials and top level suspension/brakes etc.
They actually are not all that heavy and reports are they handle very good and make big power (torque)....but you have to be rich and want a bike no one else in the world has. These appear to be the original spec samples.
Those look like "lifestyle brand" engines, Ed.

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
They are Carl.....top line S&S big bore with custom built transmissions....think of Confederate bikes at an even higher spec.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Since they lowered the price from 300k down to 290k ,I added one to my cart, LOL not really. I'm trying to figure out the ball park cost of the Founders Edition Ti XX. Yes I'm a little bored right now, so don't fry me if I'm a little off base. I built a few bikes before, so I have a little experience, so here we go... 1280 man hours to build each bike, by a specialized machinist . Ok, so what does that individual get paid hourly? The bureau of labor statistics says $21.13 per hour (average) or $43,960 annually for an automotive parts manufacturing machinist . I'm going to go out on a limb and say they pay $25 per hour or $52,000 per year. So 1280 hours x $25 per hour = $32,000 in total labor. Now let's do the parts. I'm guessing that big twin motor with the huffer costs around $11,000. Bars, cables, switch gear, $3000. Trans $2000. Wheels& tires, $6000. Brake system $6000. Suspension (front forks, rear shock etc.) $6000. Carbon fiber tank and tail, $500. Miscellaneous electrical $2000. Seat, $300. TI tubing for the frame and swing arm $200. Triple tree, swing arm mount and other custom miscellaneous machine work, $2000. Freight for all of the above , $1500. So my grand total for parts is estimated around $40,500. That's a grand total of $72,500 in parts and labor alone. That's like a 75% mark up using my limited math skills. What I don't know is what the R&D cost was to develop this machine. Maybe someone more in touch with manufacturing can shed some more light on this, but 75% mark up seems to be a little exorbitant.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Matt, I'd like to thank you for the correct use and spelling of the word "exorbitant".

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I don't think $11,000 for the engine is even close. Lee had $10,000 in the Green Monster engine. A stock Harley motor from their Screamin Eagle program is $7,500 or so.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don't think $11,000 for the engine is even close. Lee had $10,000 in the Green Monster engine. A stock Harley motor from their Screamin Eagle program is $7,500 or so.[/

You could be right, but the $11000 included the supercharger. I'm not familiar with the green monster engine and all it included.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts