MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep an F4 for life and came across with two very low mile F4´s LE and 5* condition ( AGO and a Senna) and thought it would be better to keep a "special" numbered bike instead of the 1078!
Regarding motor and components I´m going back but I also love the looks of this two bikes.
What´s putting me off is the price, considering both are asking almost the same price of a brand new F4 (2010).
I ride my bikes almost every week so I´m just afraid that I´ll leave a perfect 1078 - so far - and get into a LE that would cost me more than what I wanted. Let me know your opinion!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi ARAMIS,

I Bought my Ago number 2/300 for the same reason to keep it for life as it is a special bike & its very rare to see another when riding it.

At the time i was buying it the salesman was trying to sell me a 2009 1078RR instead of getting a 2004 model Ago which at the time the price was the same for the 1078RR & now looking back at it so glad i bought the Ago as i have a piece of History sitting in my Garage.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stick with your 312. You'll be in for some disappointment otherwise...
I know what you mean but that´s something I should be prepared to loose...a blast of a motor with better specs!
On the other hand if it´s for keeping it should be a special edition!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I bet you'll have to pay a fair bit to trade in the 1078 for the LE (o Filipe não perdoa lol) so i say keep the 1078.
If for some reason you can get a very good trade in value, then why not?
But in the end an Ago or a Senna are just different paint schemes and small numbered plaque.... in fact you'll lose a fair bit on handling (brakes) if you go for the AGO.
Good luck on your decision.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Keep your 1078 & try to budget a LE bike later. Have the LE bike for special occasions & put miles on the 1078.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet you'll have to pay a fair bit to trade in the 1078 for the LE (o Filipe não perdoa lol) so i say keep the 1078.
If for some reason you can get a very good trade in value, then why not?
But in the end an Ago or a Senna are just different paint schemes and small numbered plaque.... in fact you'll lose a fair bit on handling (brakes) if you go for the AGO.
Good luck on your decision.
:baddeal::D

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I know what you mean but that´s something I should be prepared to loose...a blast of a motor with better specs!
On the other hand if it´s for keeping it should be a special edition!
If you want a return on investment put your money in the bank. Although having $$$ might not be the best thing either....

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do own a Senna and the reason for me not buying a new one, is because wherever I take it for a spin. It is recognized as a unique bike.
I am not a racer, but rather a bike enthusiast.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
If you're riding every day or so, keep your current bike. If you were to ride occasionally, buy one of the investment specials.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
If you're riding every day or so, keep your current bike. If you were to ride occasionally, buy one of the investment specials.
I concur.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I am a bit torn...on the one hand I love my Senna but on the other hand I do want a newer MV especially a white F4RR. It is quite tempting that F4RR. I want to see if it is easier to ride than the "old" lady.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Senna forever!
But as I am a brazillian and, of course, Senna is my idol, I don't know if you can consider my opinion!!
For me that's not a bike, that is THE BIKE!:mouthwate

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I got the rare opportunity of either purchasing a brand new F4 1078 or a low km Tambo. It was no brainer I got the Tambo. I ride her about once a month and MV Agusta will NEVER make another Tambo.

Don't get the Senna if you can ride the balls out of the 1078. IMHO these litre bikes are so powerful and precision handling you can't possibly use the potential on the streets - so you might as well get one that you can keep looking at when your not riding her.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I would trade any MV Agusta (any model any year) for an AGO, a 2007 Senna, an SPR or a Veltro.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts