MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 3 threads that arent doing any good on this forum that I was involved in and are now locked. I've asked our nice admin 3 times via PM over the course of this week if he can delete these pointless threads (that I and im sure other members are not proud of how things turned out). The threads really shouldn't have been created and since they are locked should be removed. I am unfortunately being ignored with my request. So the only thing I can think of is to bring the matter forward to the membership as im not sure why admin so far likes to keep these threads for whatever reason. Would the membership mind if these threads were deleted? 1) my 'watch for sale thread' 2) velocemoto's '777 sense of humor for sale' thread 3) my 'other bikes forum' thread and probably this one will get locked as well and should be removed with the others. The threads arent serving any purpose to stay and dont reflect on the nature of this site. I'd like them removed and unfortunately im asking here in public since I am being ignored by site staff in regards to this matter. We make mistakes and people sometimes take their stresses in life out on others, multiple parties were involved, not just me. These threads could and should be removed from the site and i'd appreciate it if they were. Again I hate to post this public. I've made some positive recommendations to the forum which have resulted in some minor yet positive changes and this is one that I hope can be respected.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
yeah, it's off topic...but why delete it?
sure there is stuff that's embarrassing, and maybe even borderline libelous. but unless it’s against US law, I think it should stay up.

personally, I’d like to have embarrassing stuff about me removed. I’ve gotten into my fair share of flame wars on some other forums. probably only a matter of time before it happens here. that’s one of the things about the internet. because of the anonymity, people tend to express things they never would if it was face-to-face.

but my problem is with the censorship. who gets to decide what should stay and what should go? you? me? Alvin? a committee?

it’s dangerous territory.

so, my vote goes for “keep it on the forum”

now, if someone is PAYING to host all this stuff on a web server, then ultimately, the person footing the bill gets to choose what stays and what goes…

just my $0.02

Alex

·
Registered
735 Posts
mmm leave it, it leaves one accountable for their actions if it's memorialized .

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I am siding with the "just let it be" sense and am trying to avoid censorship unless it may relate to legality topics.

Certainly the fees for the server are not free. The hardware involved in providing the storage capacity to support such a media-heavy website has to come from somewhere. I elect, however, to provide everything possible towards unlimited growth and potential.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Damn,

I missed all the ...

fire :mad: :mad: :mad: :argue: :argue: :argue: :flamethro :flamethro :flamethro :flamethro

I vote to see the whole thread, or remove it at the request of the senior member since it may not be relavant to the MV conversation as it currently exists.

At the madness site we too had a flaming conversation that ultimately got deleated...no big deal.

Peter

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I consider myself fortunate to have met all of you, I have made many friends here, I chat with you guys more often than some of my good friends in town! this is a great place with interesting people but it's easy to forget that we are all different and came from very diverse back grounds.

My feeling is to just let it be, what happened was not a big deal to me, (I am aware it's easy for me to say that since I wasn't involved in the :argue: ) It was just normal friction caused by disagreement, yes ego and feelings were bruised, but it happens! hopefully we could learn to disagree in a civilized manner and understand that everyone else is NOT like ourselves, and try to tolerate the views and feelings of others like how we wished to be tolerated.

Let's move on... even if conflict happens again, it's alright! it's normal, because nobody is perfect.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
odonata said:
I consider myself fortunate to have met all of you, I have made many friends here, I chat with you guys more often than some of my good friends in town! this is a great place with interesting people but it's easy to forget that we are all different and came from very diverse back grounds.

My feeling is to just let it be, what happened was not a big deal to me, (I am aware it's easy for me to say that since I wasn't involved in the :argue: ) It was just normal friction caused by disagreement, yes ego and feelings were bruised, but it happens! hopefully we could learn to disagree in a civilized manner and understand that everyone else is NOT like ourselves, and try to tolerate the views and feelings of others like how we wished to be tolerated.

Let's move on... even if conflict happens again, it's alright! it's normal, because nobody is perfect.

Amen!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The site is here to discuss and debate MV Agusta and their motorcycles. As Ben says, we aren't going to agree all the time, but as long as the disagreements don't become personal I don't have a problem. It would become very boring, very quickly if we all had the same views. We have a good laugh and a joke on this forum which is great IMO, but lets keep personal jibes out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i agree!

we all shook hands and the drama was officially ended! lets leave it at that. it really wasn't that big of a deal to begin with, nothing to be ashamed of at all. everyone argues, its just a fact of life!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, whats done is done, no biggie. just didnt want to have some non-essentials, but the people have spoken.

Kamran why did you delete your post?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Kamran why did you delete your post?
One of your wishes was that this post to also be deleted. One of my suggestions was that if you wish you could take the first step to delete your posts, and then others can follow suit if they wish. I think you have the freedom to delete yours, ...and other do too, but it's their choice. I think if you feel uncomfortable with your posts, I'd delete them, and if others want to leave their posts, then the thread will look funny and inconsistent...but that's your choice.
I was taking the first step towards what I was proposing...If you want I can delete or leave this post. Up to you...My message was only for you, I felt you might be uncomfortable for me to leave the post out there for everyone to read.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts