MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allan Gibbs said:
I dunno. A brand new 2005/2006 1000 would be about $5K more but I've heard 2000 models selling in the $10K range recently.
sweet elise in the avatar! :yo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
i bought my 2001 F4 750 with 960 miles on it for $13,000. Some would say I paid too much but I was thoroughly happy with the overall condition of my bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Depends, where are you located? Prices differ depending on location as well. For instance, I've found bikes in Miami like this to be priced very high, while regular Jap bikes are very cheap and usually beat to death.

Your bike is very nice, and has very very low miles, so I think you should get whatever you think is fair. I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.

I think the way your ad was worded made it sound very firm and like you didn't even decide you really wanted to sell the bike, so that might affect some of the people looking at it.

Other things come into play as well. Any exhaust/chip mods, or bone stock? Do you have receipts for the first service? Do you have the title free and clear, or does someone have to hassle with a bank or CU to get it? Are you motivated to sell, or just fishing for cash for your bike?

It has been my experience here in Florida that the 750s just aren't bringing near their rightful values since the 1000 S came out. People just feel like the 750 is underpowered or overpriced, especially since MV has now shown what they could really have done if they wanted to with that engine.

I'm really trying to answer in as neutral and helpful way as possible from every major point of view.

On a personal note, I would LOVE to have your bike, but not at $13K + shipping from wherever you are, but that's just me. Now let B4 flame me for it.

Was this response helpful? I'm trying...

Have a great day, and good luck if you decide you'd really like to sell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blavenia said:
Depends, where are you located? Prices differ depending on location as well. For instance, I've found bikes in Miami like this to be priced very high, while regular Jap bikes are very cheap and usually beat to death.

Your bike is very nice, and has very very low miles, so I think you should get whatever you think is fair. I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.

I think the way your ad was worded made it sound very firm and like you didn't even decide you really wanted to sell the bike, so that might affect some of the people looking at it.

Other things come into play as well. Any exhaust/chip mods, or bone stock? Do you have receipts for the first service? Do you have the title free and clear, or does someone have to hassle with a bank or CU to get it? Are you motivated to sell, or just fishing for cash for your bike?

It has been my experience here in Florida that the 750s just aren't bringing near their rightful values since the 1000 S came out. People just feel like the 750 is underpowered or overpriced, especially since MV has now shown what they could really have done if they wanted to with that engine.

I'm really trying to answer in as neutral and helpful way as possible from every major point of view.

On a personal note, I would LOVE to have your bike, but not at $13K + shipping from wherever you are, but that's just me. Now let B4 flame me for it.

Was this response helpful? I'm trying...

Have a great day, and good luck if you decide you'd really like to sell.
No flaming needed. I do agree with most of what you wrote. The thing is that most 1000's are going for around 18k so, thats 5k more. To me, that 5 k was a big difference when I determined to buy this bike in the spring and thats why I bought. It has no mods. There are some carbon pieces but I have all the stock ones too. As far as motivation is concerned... You are correct... I have very little! I'm just trying to make room for my new car which I see you own as well. 13k is fair. PM me if you would like more pics . :stir:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
blavenia said:
.....I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.
Blavenia, just curious since you are in the market, what do you think a 2002 750 with under 1,000 miles would be worth? Would $12.5 or $12K be a good price if it was within driving distance (ie: no need to ship)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allan Gibbs said:
Blavenia, just curious since you are in the market, what do you think a 2002 750 with under 1,000 miles would be worth? Would $12.5 or $12K be a good price if it was within driving distance (ie: no need to ship)?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean that in a bad way.

I figure since Blavenia's really in the market, his opinion on what a 750 is worth would carry more weight that some guy that just bought a discounted 1000 a month okay. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allan Gibbs said:
Oh, I didn't mean that in a bad way.

I figure since Blavenia's really in the market, his opinion on what a 750 is worth would carry more weight that some guy that just bought a discounted 1000 a month okay. :)
I know,I was wondering what he'd pay for my bike! :smoking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
You guys are awesome! :) I'm having a blast here, but isn't it kind of a moot point being that he's in Chicago and I'm in Orlando?

In answer to Allan's question, let me first clarify I'm almost totally committed to a dealer near me when my house closing happens....A great sales manager has been working with me and being very patient as I wait for my home to close...but... he called me today and I fear the bike I want may have been sold. I could always just bite the bullet and buy the 2007 R.

But....Just like he could be motivated to sell it, I could be motivated to buy the 750, but the only motivator there would be price.

Still, it would only matter if it were closer and I could just grab it. I wouldn't want to pay to ship it or travel to get it. Also, he'd have to have title in hand. I hate going through banks and waiting for titles. Do you have title??? :)

And...I'd HAVE TO HAVE THE BRITNEY POSTER!!!

Seriously, to answer Allan's question from someone who WILL be PURCHASING in the next week, to me I figure between $11.500 and $12K MAX. I've passed on a 2002 S Mono with RG3 with 8K miles for $10K because of the mileage, but I'd figure with the low mileage, service records and title in hand it would be worth about $1,000-$1800 more to me. That would put it somewhere in the high $11,000 area.

If it were here and he were motivated, I'd look at it. NOMOEVO, you should be working your sales pitch, and figuring what you'd sell it for NOW, Just in case the bike I've been planning to buy was sold this week! :)

For clarification, you guys asked, so that's my opinion. The only reason to purchase a 750 is price, and NOMOEVO's bike looks to be one of the finest examples of a low mileage 2002 750 I've seen. Still, PRICE is the ONLY factor. I could say the same for a 2006 or 2005 leftover. PRICE is the only factor. If not for the discounted price, who would choose it over an R? No-one.

Rant over. What do you guys think? Am I making any sense? Does it help to hear from an immediate potential buyer for you, NOMO? Again, I'm jumping on the questions you guys asked.

Let me know what you think, and if it seems accurate.

B

PS - NOMOEVO, are you getting an NSX? I was at NSXPO today in ORLANDO! You would have loved it. Worth every penny of what I paid for the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blavenia said:
You guys are awesome! :) I'm having a blast here, but isn't it kind of a moot point being that he's in Chicago and I'm in Orlando?

In answer to Allan's question, let me first clarify I'm almost totally committed to a dealer near me when my house closing happens....A great sales manager has been working with me and being very patient as I wait for my home to close...but... he called me today and I fear the bike I want may have been sold. I could always just bite the bullet and buy the 2007 R.

But....Just like he could be motivated to sell it, I could be motivated to buy the 750, but the only motivator there would be price.

Still, it would only matter if it were closer and I could just grab it. I wouldn't want to pay to ship it or travel to get it. Also, he'd have to have title in hand. I hate going through banks and waiting for titles. Do you have title??? :)

And...I'd HAVE TO HAVE THE BRITNEY POSTER!!!

Seriously, to answer Allan's question from someone who WILL be PURCHASING in the next week, to me I figure between $11.500 and $12K MAX. I've passed on a 2002 S Mono with RG3 with 8K miles for $10K because of the mileage, but I'd figure with the low mileage, service records and title in hand it would be worth about $1,000-$1800 more to me. That would put it somewhere in the high $11,000 area.

If it were here and he were motivated, I'd look at it. NOMOEVO, you should be working your sales pitch, and figuring what you'd sell it for NOW, Just in case the bike I've been planning to buy was sold this week! :)

For clarification, you guys asked, so that's my opinion. The only reason to purchase a 750 is price, and NOMOEVO's bike looks to be one of the finest examples of a low mileage 2002 750 I've seen. Still, PRICE is the ONLY factor. I could say the same for a 2006 or 2005 leftover. PRICE is the only factor. If not for the discounted price, who would choose it over an R? No-one.

Rant over. What do you guys think? Am I making any sense? Does it help to hear from an immediate potential buyer for you, NOMO? Again, I'm jumping on the questions you guys asked.

Let me know what you think, and if it seems accurate.

B

PS - NOMOEVO, are you getting an NSX? I was at NSXPO today in ORLANDO! You would have loved it. Worth every penny of what I paid for the car.
True, I do live in Chicago 1300 miles away form blavenia. So, this all may be a waste of time. Maybe not though. I do not have the title in hand however, it would take me 1 day to get it from the bank. Not at all complicated to me. As far as a sales pitch in concerned, I dont have one. I'm just trying to rationalize me purchasing an NSX is all. :) I dont really want to sell the bike. I will for 13k though. Blavenia,this bike is brand new never been down. Its had the oil changed twice in its whole 896 mile life. So, if you cant work something out in FL...let me know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted, but as I mentioned earlier, I have been working pretty closely with a local dealer and will probably go with a 1000 or 07 R.

Your bike looks amazing and should sell to someone who wants an MV but doesn't want to go the expense of the 1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
But with only 896 miles on the odometer, after the 1,300 mile ride back to Florida, you'd only have 2200 miles on the bike. :laughing:

The only three reason I can see for getting a 750 over a 1000 would be:
1) Price;
2) Perference for less power; or
3) Cheaper insurance (goes back to price)

Also, NOMOEVO, if you're in Chicago, it may be harder to sell locally once winter sets in. But, I think the low mileage is a big plus. The dealer in Tucson, AZ has a brand new 2003 750 and I think someone said he wanted $17K for it. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allan Gibbs said:
But with only 896 miles on the odometer, after the 1,300 mile ride back to Florida, you'd only have 2200 miles on the bike. :laughing:

The only three reason I can see for getting a 750 over a 1000 would be:
1) Price;
2) Perference for less power; or
3) Cheaper insurance (goes back to price)

Also, NOMOEVO, if you're in Chicago, it may be harder to sell locally once winter sets in. But, I think the low mileage is a big plus. The dealer in Tucson, AZ has a brand new 2003 750 and I think someone said he wanted $17K for it. :laughing:
Ya, being in chicago isnt a plus when trying to sell a bike in the winter! 17k????? Thats crazy! Who knows, maybe I'll just keep it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Allan Gibbs said:
Isn't a new NSX coming out soon?
Its the rumor that one is. I couldnt afford it if it came out so, I'm getting an 03 :drummer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
New NSX will be in 2009. Possibly 2 versions, but so far I've been seeing info that it will DEFINITELY be a V10. Possibly a front engine SHAWD. If they go front engine they had better not call it an NSX, because it isn't. What can I say, I'm a purist.

Brian
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top