1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I have several large boxes of spare parts. I'm looking at that bike & thinking I have every single part to bring it back to its former glory. My main concern however is that it looks like its been totally neglected over the years and I'd be very surprised if it had only been down once.
And it is just not worth the money being bid on it. I'm adding it to my watch list, just to see how far someone will go.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

To be brutally honest I don't see much difference between that bike and heavily modded bikes. :)

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
It sort of looks like he was trying to do the Red and Silver paint scheme in something more "shiny". Looks like perhaps the Red may have faded into a horrible copper? If you look at other photos in the auction it looks more Red. I'm surprised he did not complete the look with overly shiny aftermarket carbon. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

To be brutally honest I don't see much difference between that bike and heavily modded bikes. :)
You mean like an F3 Oro?
Yeah, I see what you mean. Really hard to tell them apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
You don't see this stuff from Brutie owners......just sayin......:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Back on subject.
It is this picture that bothers me most.
I think there is likely to be damage to the radiator (cosmetic at least) and to the frame.
But hey, at least the guy is wearing pants.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Is it bad form to describe something, in fact anything, as "ghetto", apart from an actual ghetto, of course.

Serious question as I don't live in the USA.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Is it bad form to describe something, in fact anything, as "ghetto", apart from an actual ghetto, of course.

Serious question as I don't live in the USA.
No problem. From Urban Dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghetto

"jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike"

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think it serves a purpose. For example, you would be able to brush your hair and trim your beard in your reflection on the fairing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just want to poke my eyes out with scolding hit iron spikes, when I look at that. Why doesn't he just hit it with $2 can of Matt black paint and call it retro trendy

1 - 20 of 107 Posts