MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working out how to change the electronic settings of the F3. Tried the R (rain) mode for city riding on a damp road and found it not to my liking. The ride was only short and was primarily to see if the recently added rearsets were set up properly but the R mode felt like verything was retarded (as one would expect). Also noticed the traction control was on a maximum setting of 8 which I didn't want. Spent a heap of time getting frustrated at not being able to access the tc to rest it to 3 only to realise that in R mode the tc default setting is 8 and you can't reset the tc. It doesn't even appear on the dash when scrolling. Ahh

·
Registered
33 Posts
I suppose the R mode is purely to keep you out of harms way and that's why they don't allow you to meddle with the TC settings? I noticed the throttle response is pretty lethargic on R so I usually bump it onto that whenever I have a pillion aboard just for their comfort.

I guess if you want something with a super 'smooth' throttle but less intervention from the TC perhaps you need to create a Custom setting? I still haven't fiddled with that yet though so I can't really be of much help there

·
Registered
197 Posts
It helps to read the Owners manual buddy.
You should find Normal is adequate for city and leisurely riding and a bit of rain. All the miles I've done I've never bothered with Rain mode.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually did read both the owners and workshop manuals but failed to come across anything which indicated that tc was defaulted to max for R mode and that tc didn't appear on the dash when scrolling through the settings when in R mode. That doesn't mean it wasn't there, just I didn' recall it. Electronics are new to me and like most things it may take one or two goes to get the hang of it which is exactly what is happening.

As you indicated, R mode is probably not necessary unless it is raining.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have to say the MV menu is not the most intuitive, but it's pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. Although it's a very generous 4 seconds to reset the trip counter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually did read both the owners and workshop manuals but failed to come across anything which indicated that tc was defaulted to max for R mode and that tc didn't appear on the dash when scrolling through the settings when in R mode. That doesn't mean it wasn't there, just I didn' recall it. Electronics are new to me and like most things it may take one or two goes to get the hang of it which is exactly what is happening.

As you indicated, R mode is probably not necessary unless it is raining.

R Mode TC setting is default to 8.

Try play around with C Mode

If raining.....i set to this parameters

Engine Response - Slow Response
Throttle - Rain
TC - 4 ...8
Engine Braking - Normal

U got a lot of parameters to set to your liking....if u wanna play around

AzcrossplaneMV

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that. I may add a custom mode down the track but at the moment I'm still getting used to the bike and the various settings. Also, the first thing will be the suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts