MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thread about working on you F3

Like most of us who like tinkering with their new toy, I have a few questions for the more advanced do it yourselfers.

Where is the battery?
Anyone know how to do a proper oil change?
How do you take the seat off?
How do you take off the rear tail fairings?
How do you reset the maintenance / oil change reminders after a maintenance that you perform yourself?

Usually the user's manual Has all this info. For some reason MV doesn't disclose this info. I guess this is how dealers make their money.

More importantly is there a service manual avail for purchase?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Battery is under the tank wedged between engine and back of frame where rear shock is mounted.

Riders seat is held by one quarter turn fastener under the pillion seat. Takes a lot of force to pull the seat out.

Unless the maintenance count down is self resetting im unaware of a way to diy.

Rear panels are held by a heap of fasteners. But there are no tricks to getting it off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just a thread about working on you F3

Like most of us who like tinkering with their new toy, I have a few questions for the more advanced do it yourselfers.

Where is the battery?
Anyone know how to do a proper oil change?
How do you take the seat off?
How do you take off the rear tail fairings?
How do you reset the maintenance / oil change reminders after a maintenance that you perform yourself?

Usually the user's manual Has all this info. For some reason MV doesn't disclose this info. I guess this is how dealers make their money.

More importantly is there a service manual avail for purchase?

Thanks in advance.
begarrett passed on how to get to the Dealer Menu: Hold the Set and Ok buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds then release. "Dealer Menu" will show in the display. One of the choices is to reset the service miles. This is also where switch from English to Metric units and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if that dealer menu also displays info like ECU map # or last update date?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if that dealer menu also displays info like ECU map # or last update date?
Didn't see anything like that. It seems to cycle through only a couple of choices but there very well could be some more "secret" button combinations that will reveal more.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I had my 920 brutale serviced at the weekend and the guy hadn't reset my service mileage . He held down both the set and ok buttons for ages and then pressed all sorts of secret combinations whilst he shielded the clocks so I couldn't see what they were displaying. He apologised for the delay as the F4 has a different secret combo and he was getting confused ! .
I guess the F3 and B3 will be the same .

·
Registered
163 Posts
No...to see the latest ECU map you have to hook the bike up to a computer. My technician told me that MV is very secretive on the map settings because if a customer has a fueling concern they want them to have to bring the bike to the dealer so the dealer can call MV...that way they can track known issues and concerns with fueling. Just like all US bikes were supposed to come stock with the #46 map, even though there is a #47 out. MV just wants to know and track how many customers are really having fueling issues still and if map #47 really is fixing the prob. In my opinion, map #46 is ok, however throttle response is still a little sluggish at times. I wonder if putting in custom mode and putting throttle response on highest level will help or if that's already the setting in sport mode...Anybody know?!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Damn...then yep...the HID's will have to wait till later this year...I'm not stripping my bike apart during riding season.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The fuel tank has to come off to get to the battery. You do however need to remove the riders seat to get to rear tank securing bolt.

There are two more bolts at very front top of tank behind steering top bearing and two more anchoring clamps either side of the tank which you will need to remove the two trim pieces to get too. The trim pieces are removed by gently pulling outwardly at the rear and the pushing gentlly forward.

Little tips for you, do this with help as tank is heavy and when the bike is cold. ideally run the fuel level down. When you have removed all the bolts get someone to lift the tank upwards from the rear of the tank first, then disconnect the multi plug, pull up the breather hoses and then tackle the fuel pipe connector on the left hand side of the air box. All this whilst help carefully holds the tank for you.

The black plastic fuel pipe has a square push in release button, i would remove the phillips screw that holds the clamp so you can get to the connector easier, also make sure you have a couple of old cloths at the ready to catch excess fuel that leaves the pipe.

Easy peasy........ With help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts