MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, does anyone know the spec for the burst pressure of the Mahle KL145 fuel filter? I have been chasing the Australian availability of the WIX Fuel Filter recommended by Noel and there is an outlet in Adelaide that has them in stock. They normally supply fleet operators but have said that they will sell me a small number over the counter. Retail was just over $8EA, a bargain compared to the Mahle and Triumph/BMW badged equivalents. I looked up the spec on line and it appears they are rated as having a burst pressure 60PSI. Just wondering what the Mahle is rated at before I dash out and buy a bag full.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mahle specs I found say Pressure Rated 80 PSI / 5 BAR
Thanks for the info. I guess while the WIX is only pressure rated 75% of the Mahle it may still be fit for purpose. Sounds like Noel has been using them for a while with no problems so I'll probably pick up 5, (minimum cash over the counter purchase), tomorrow on the way into work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You interested in selling one on

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll buy 5 tomorrow if they look OK which will leave me a couple of spares. They may be a tad bigger than the Mahle, I can always send you a picture of one up against a Mahle for comparison if they are.
Long week-end here but I should be able to post you a couple early next week if all goes to plan. I expect with the post it will cost the same to send two as one (your choice), I'll get back to you once I've confirmed the price and postage to WA.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'll buy 5 tomorrow if they look OK which will leave me a couple of spares. They may be a tad bigger than the Mahle, I can always send you a picture of one up against a Mahle for comparison if they are.
Long week-end here but I should be able to post you a couple early next week if all goes to plan. I expect with the post it will cost the same to send two as one (your choice), I'll get back to you once I've confirmed the price and postage to WA.
Thanks for that. Was only expecting one but if you want to part with two. Might get the details of the supplier off you if that's OK. or maybe organise something when they are due again.
Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WIX #33012

Body 44mm
Central seam 50mm
Body 60mm long
2, 20mm hose fittings 8mm diameter

You won't burst one they're steel

:grin2:
Bloody oath they won't burst. I reckon these filters would survive down to 'crush depth'. A picture for anyone interested in comparing the WIX to the Mahle, slightly slimmer but a fraction more length :surprise:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts