MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very strange
... passed me with ecu microtec and passed me with the ecu oem.
With the full petrol tank .. or half, orange light fuel reserve appears on the screen and start the account low fuel .
If I turn off the bike and it started again, disappears... and reappears a bit later.
Is more strange?
Any idea guys to start the investigation?
Thanks

www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Glowing neutral light

Jorge;
my neutral light glows all the time.........electronics :wtf:
That is very dangerous, it means that you can put it in gear and ride off with the side stand still extended..........better get that sorted.

Mine was caused by the gear selector switch which was replaced as part of a recall.

Apologies for the JACK.......

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
That is very dangerous, it means that you can put it in gear and ride off with the side stand still extended..........better get that sorted......
No it doesn't. Different bike, different ECU.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least yours works, I have to judge low fuel bu km travelled
No no no dear george, mine doesn't work !!!
In all moment, don't mind if there is full petrol or few appears the signal low fuel, I need to know ,like you, the low fuel by km travelled.
If you are in route is not more problem, in track day is a lot, vecause you want go with low petrol and is difficult

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Jorge, Mounted on your fuel pump unit is a thermistor.This senses the fuel level. Either the thermistor is broken or the connections to the thermistor are poor or broken.

There is a section in the manual to tell you how to test the thermistor.

Have a look at the connector to the fuel pump and check none of the pins are bent or broken too,

joe

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jorge, Mounted on your fuel pump unit is a thermistor.This senses the fuel level. Either the thermistor is broken or the connections to the thermistor are poor or broken.

Have a look at the connector to the fuel pump and check none of the pins are bent or broken too,

joe
Hi Joe !
Yes ? , the problem is in the fuel pump ?...Thought was electronic.
I'll dismount fuel pump and check it looking for info in the manual.
I'll tell you...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

joe
Thank you Joe for addressing the issue...."every day's a school day":).
Brian.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like Joe told me, I removed the fuel pump and I really think that all is ok.
I've put a tester and the thermistor that has sounded the "bip", I think it's fine ... I think jaja
Perhaps it is the sensor itself...may be.
They could also be the wires going from the fuel pump to cable going to the screen.
I have cleaned absolutely everything with antioxidant spray for connections, but I do not think nothing is solved.

[url]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/18/fd92fd38d206796a4785739bd8920634.jpg[/url] [/ img]
[Img] [url]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/18/2d5a9c04f4551453e6efa2f4b5bc7884.jpg[/url] [/ img] [/ quote]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts