MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my F4 has been in the dealer for a while, they told me my wiring harness melted against the head, causing a short and the bike needs an entire new harness. They told me MV told them it's a fairly common problem, anyone else experience this? Pretty pissed my new bike is going to be torn down and rebuilt by a dealer.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Replacing a wire harness doesn't require tearing the entire bike apart. They could probably repair it nicely if they have actual technicians and not just parts swappers working there.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I had an 08 harness melt against the head due to an alarm melt down.It was a warranty job as the bike had only done 300 miles. Very long wait for parts ...

I had another harness burn under the seat..due to being tightly routed and abraded on a metal edge.

I rewired the bike myself this time.

Cockpit fairing and sides off
Tank and airbox off.
Seat off.

I started at the tail and fed the new harness through as I pulled the old one out.

There was no need to remove the frame or subframe.

I happen to have an F4 MY10 harness if you need one...

Joe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joe, its at the dealer right now and a new harness is supposed to show up tomorrow, already had to wait 4 weeks for a new throttle assembly. So hopefully it's fixed after this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would suggest asking the dealer to replace the throttle tube assembly as that is a very well known problem. Doubt they will do it without it being broken but it's worth a shot to not be stranded somewhere.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just adding the fix in case anyone else sees this issue. The dealer did replace the wiring harness, the old one was wrapped around the cylinder and melted right through it, shorting it out obviously. Rode it for 200 miles with no issues. Now the headlight is out...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone want to buy it from me?? I would love nothing more than to see it gone! Going back to the dealer today, make that 8 weeks I've owned the bike and 7 of those weeks it's been broken...Wishing I could just return it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im guessing you got yours at heinens also? I picked mine up there a couple months back almost. I hope I don't start having issues. All these repair threads are making think I shoulda got a new R1! haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I got it at Heinen's. I hope you have 0 problems with your bike, as my experience has been horrible. I bitched at them about my bike and they are going to come pick it up from my house today which is nice, so I will give them that. I'm just pissed I have a $13,000 paperweight. And when it is fixed I will have zero confidence to ride it anywhere far away from the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
crossing my fingers, I have like 180 on mine. haha Im gonna be pissed if I have a bunch of issues. Im 2hrs from the shop.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now the headlight doesn't work, new bulb and ballast didn't help, fuse is good. I'm assuming when they replaced the wiring harness they messed something up.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts