MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
I get the poison out. Even with a fuel additive, I'm not keeping ethanol laced fuel stored in my cars, bikes or lawn equipment for more than a month. Short term ,dry storage has never let me down. Think about it, the factory builds the machine, and test runs it. Then what happens next is the fuel and other fluids are drained, placed in a shipping container and shipped all over the world. The next time the bike might be started up is a couple months later. Every season I add fuel, and everything runs. Every season, someone I know starts up their bike, lawnmower or whatever for the first time after leaving the old fuel stand and they got problems. And this happens after adding a ethanol treatment. I can't tell you which product they used or if it was even used properly as I wasn't there personally to assist. I just elect to take the variable out of the equation. This E10/15 fuel eats your plastic tanks and rubber hoses for breakfast after a while. I gave the VP small engine fuel some thought too (94 octane, ethanol free) but at $24 a gallon, I might pass.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I get the poison out. Even with a fuel additive, I'm not keeping ethanol laced fuel stored in my cars, bikes or lawn equipment for more than a month. Short term ,dry storage has never let me down. Think about it, the factory builds the machine, and test runs it. Then what happens next is the fuel and other fluids are drained, placed in a shipping container and shipped all over the world. The next time the bike might be started up is a couple months later. Every season I add fuel, and everything runs. Every season, someone I know starts up their bike, lawnmower or whatever for the first time after leaving the old fuel stand and they got problems. And this happens after adding a ethanol treatment. I can't tell you which product they used or if it was even used properly as I wasn't there personally to assist. I just elect to take the variable out of the equation. This E10/15 fuel eats your plastic tanks and rubber hoses for breakfast after a while. I gave the VP small engine fuel some thought too (94 octane, ethanol free) but at $24 a gallon, I might pass.
go to your nearest general aviation airport and get some 100LL . bring a 5 gal can , problems over!

·
Registered
465 Posts
go to your nearest general aviation airport and get some 100LL . bring a 5 gal can , problems over!
Aviation fuel is great, except for the lead. If your still running with a catylitic converter, count on having an issue. If no catatlytic converter is present, rock on:yo:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No grey spot tank tail section....so I keep an eye on the tank..;)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts