MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the same enviroment as I what is your routine for putting the bike away for the winter? :freezing:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Put on more clothes?
Maybe some heated grips?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m in Texas, As long as these no ice, I’m working on riding all year round. However I’m having problems keeping the engine cool enough in the summer (suggestions please ) and hot enough in the winter, for example I had to ride home with the engine temp gauge reading 150f or 66c, I did not have a long ride, I made sure to keep the engine ticking over and do to over rev. Does anyone have the facts on actual engine temp vs the coolant sensor temp?
What are ideal operating temperatures or when will we be killing the rings?

Also, has anyone come up with a sensible radiator cover to limit cold airflow over the rad?

For the chaps north of the Mason Dixon, I’d just disconnect the battery, run it on a trickle charger every second week, and put the bike on the axle stand.

Cheers,

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do your local authorities use salt on the roads like they do here? It eats bikes if you're daft enough to go out in it........ Mine is away already on charge, washed & covered in a protectant.

Got a few bits to bolt on over the winter. Roll on the spring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
AWAY FOR THE WINTER... HA it must suck to be a yanke.... Na I almost feel bad for yall up there colder than a welldiggers sack and its just another gogious day here in south TEXAS. Well hey I have to ride to town good luck with (wintering) your bike.

My simpathy PILLAR :stickpoke

If you dont know if your a yanke then I ask you has it ever snowed where you live???
If you answer yes your a yanke :freezing:

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Dallas they just dump tons of a gritty dirt/sand combo, on salt… makes elevated highways a treat! It’s a change from all the grease those prehistoric pickups dump .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is put away in a warm place. I dont mind the snow but it just turns into slaps or icey rain on the asfalt theese days... Everey spring its like you bought it all over again.

But if its slippery outside i find enjoyment in my 85 Volvo 240 :D
Got some nice roads up in the mountains at my hut.

·
Registered
151 Posts
PILLAR said:
If you dont know if your a yanke then I ask you has it ever snowed where you live???
By that criteria, most of Texas must be Yankees too... I've seen snow in Big Bend TX and that's pretty far south. BTW how far is it to a decent set of twisties down there anyway? :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
PILLAR said:
It does snow in metro Atlanta occasionally. One or two inches every few years, with a half a dozen inches once a decade. That being said, don't ever call me a damn yankee.....:) We're still fighting the "War of Northern Agression" here.. just kidding to my frigid friends..:)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The war of Northern Agression? Ah, yes. Like the Rebellion of the Colonies as my British friends call it.

CAG

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
t1n0m3n said:
Put on more clothes?
Maybe some heated grips?
Let me start all over!! How duz yuz guyz winterize your bike while you arn't useing them?? While the snow is on the ground?? Battery tender, Stable in the gas? What else???????? :confused:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Get some NEW Stabil, put in the appropritate amount and run the bike to make sure that it gets all through the fuel system. Remove the battery, wax, and keep in a place that you can oogle it all winter!

Well at least that is what I am going to do on my 2006 910S (with 53 miles on it picked up the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2007!)

Phil

·
Registered
119 Posts
this winter's routine included mva corse race headers and open exhaust, emoto black "pia" seat and pillion... and a road trip chicago to california via route 66 as soon as i smell spring.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My BAD I was just seeing if anyone had a little something extra or differant then what I do. Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nice and comfortable inside. :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Let's see, how do we winterize down here? HMMMMMM I wear a neck warmer and a thermal vest under my leathers. That's about it.
Winter is the best riding time here, beautiful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts