MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached a picture I took yesterday (April 4th): those are the remnants of what used to be a 12 foot tall pile of snow in our cul de sac.
I'm firing up the MV this afternoon and might take it for a ride. I'm a bit apprehensive of the potholes though (the roads have a received good beating this winter).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

its going to be a while before the roads down here are in a state of repair that feels remotely comfortable to be spirited on

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

its going to be a while before the roads down here are in a state of repair that feels remotely comfortable to be spirited on
Oh man, what about the salt ? Aren't you afraid it will cause rust ?
I didn't pull out any of my toys till we had a couple of good rain storms to clear all the salt away.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Winter is over here in the North East....mud season has started.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You guys are lucky, I still can't even get out of my driveway, let alone to the road.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
That's one of the nice things about the Southeast, we rarely have to deal with this snow bullshit. This year was awful, even though I know we only got a fraction of some of the Northern states.

Spring is now in full bloom

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
They don't salt in my town, they sand the roads. It's easier on your vehicles, but it means the roads are a mess until we get a few solid rainfalls/the street cleaners get out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
They don't salt in my town, they sand the roads. It's easier on your vehicles, but it means the roads are a mess until we get a few solid rainfalls/the street cleaners get out.
Yup. Gravel and sand up here. Gets too cold for salt.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was able to take her out. Fluids were changed 3 weeks ago and the bike was smooth as butter. Every year after the initial shake down I come home and tell my wife how much I love this bike. It's a 2008 312R and most probably there's way better bikes out there with more sophisticated electronics, but this is all I want.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Cali only has two seasons...Fire and Flood.:smoking:

·
Administrator
19,518 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I'm going to take the Beemer for her MOT today...

Gortex is my friend...Once you are out there it really isn't so bad...I don't go looking for rain but with todays protection, it won't stop me from riding.

and the F4..She has been caught in a couiple that Noah would have raised his eyebrows at but no problem she cuts through the rain like it ain't there.

and Yves a hint for you if you go out on your bike on Valentines day...When you arrive back home tell the wife she is beautiful, and not so much poetry on the bike lol..

joe

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Been out for most of the winter on the MV or the Guzzi but it looks like, for Atlanta, we might have finally moved on to the rainy season. Today was the first really good rain and hopefully it washed away all of the gravel/salt/pollen.

This weekend should be prime time to head into the mountains if the weather holds.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts