MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got myself talked into another day at willow springs. like that took a lot of arm-twisting (not).

the bike will have a few changes from last time to address some concerns i had
1. brake pads -> SBS Dual Carbon (Race)
2. brake fluid -> Motul RBF600
3. tires -> will be running a 180/55 Bridgestone BT002 (medium)

i'm changing the pads to get more inital bike, the fluid to prevent brake fade, and the tires, well i had that set in my garage from my 03 r6, and it was either sell them or use them. i'll bring my used 190/55 with me in case i don't like that 180, but i don't expect to notice much.

i'm looking forward to chasing Nevermore (Chris) and thecraw-r1f4 around willow. i hope i can keep up and maybe learn a few things too.

alex

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was going to ask about those tires. You won't have any trouble chasing me, this is my first time out since the accident. Stay in front of Payman, however, and you might get some good camera shots :naughty: I've almost got my bike ready. I took it over to Mach 1 to get it remapped after the rebuild . . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chris - that's a nice setup. and i thought you'd be bringing the black r1!!

how many bikes do you people have????!!!!

alex

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nah, the RAVEN is my baby, hence my screen name, but can you ever have too many bikes? It's the MV that I really want to get out for a track day, however I need to check out the setup on the R1 before the WSMC race next weekend. I've made a few mods during my rehab, hee hee . . . but you'll be the one having all the fun on the MV!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's the right place for the f4 - that's fo' sure.

and i can stop every 20 minutes!!! yipee! lol.

alex

·
Registered
339 Posts
She's almost ready, but I need one more part. If the guy in the brown truck doesn't bring it tomorrow he's going to be black and blue . . . :bash: Hopefully, I'll be able to keep that MV in sight.

Attachments

·
2,155 Posts
altoon said:
got myself talked into another day at willow springs. like that took a lot of arm-twisting (not).

the bike will have a few changes from last time to address some concerns i had
1. brake pads -> SBS Dual Carbon (Race)
2. brake fluid -> Motul RBF600
3. tires -> will be running a 180/55 Bridgestone BT002 (medium)

i'm changing the pads to get more inital bike, the fluid to prevent brake fade, and the tires, well i had that set in my garage from my 03 r6, and it was either sell them or use them. i'll bring my used 190/55 with me in case i don't like that 180, but i don't expect to notice much.

i'm looking forward to chasing Nevermore (Chris) and thecraw-r1f4 around willow. i hope i can keep up and maybe learn a few things too.

alex
Hey Toon
dont forget to post some pics................ :jsm:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u bet.
payman is supposed to have a video camera on-board his R1. but unless it's facing behind him, i'm not sure we'll get much footage of the MV.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
altoon said:
hey chris,

haga just called. he's looking for his bike back.

alex

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Now I see where the TOON comes from . . . .

So when you heading up? Looks like I'll still be working on Haga's bike tonight and heading out about 5 tomorrow. Time to ride or get off the pot!

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Alex, I need to hook up with another guy @5:30 that I am meeting at the Chevron off the 405 at the Beach exit (then N about 1/2 mile). That might be a little out of your way, so let me know (I think you have my cell, too)

BTW, the link for the pic doesn't work. But don't forget Payman, he's always easy to spot out on the track :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol. is that helmet painted on?

i've got your cell#, chris. i'll give you a call and we can figure out the caravan thing.

alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, it was a good day. the f4 1k performed flawlessly. the track is truly where that bike is at home.

lots of cool photos coming in the mail. i'll post as soon as i get them.

had a great time riding with chris (nevermore), payman (thecraw-r1f4), and randy (darthmvader).

so, when will you guys bring out your REAL bikes?

alex

1 - 20 of 29 Posts