MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
That sure is a pretty picture sir, but as long as the new bike is not actually called "312", I have my doubts...

P.s.: according to the pretty picture it does 320 in Neutral...
Nope. That "N" is for Nitrous. They had to spray to get the increase from 312 to 320!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Smaller front area.....maybe or may a little faster than the 312RR. I'm not sure how much the 10kg less would effect top speed.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Smaller front area.....maybe or may a little faster than the 312RR. I'm not sure how much the 10kg less would effect top speed.
Counter-intuitive, but true: Weight doesn't affect top speed (at least not with any significance compared to aerodynamics / body position). It only affects how long it takes you to get there.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Thank you. But even if it doesn't hit 312 kph, at least we can probably look forward to:

1) more high speed stability (longer swing arm)
2) easier to transition side to side (higher seat high and claimed less weight)
3) more flatter torque curve (TSS intakes)
4) smoother fueling (dual injectors) Pardon my ignorance, but would this be a "direct injection" system?
5) better drives out of corners (slipper clutch and traction control)
6) less running hot (new cooling systems and.....larger....fairing....holes) ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing how well the 2010 performs. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mike from what i read it onl does 305km/h
I don't know if i would put only and 305kph in the same sentence really, as far as i know there isn't any tracks in my state (Tasmania) where you would get it that fast! only on the open road and f*** that for an idea on our bumpy ass country roads lmao...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Do we know if the fancy new F4 display includes something really outside the box and avant garde...you know...a fuel gauge? :idea:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looking at the shape and the sharp nose should be very fast; thinking about weight and the longer swing arm should be slower in twisties.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Do we know if the fancy new F4 display includes something really outside the box and avant garde...you know...a fuel gauge? :idea:
I would have settled for a working low fuel light on Sunday. For the first time in my life, I ran out of gas.

I normally fill up after every ride, but I did a couple of smaller rides last week. Well, I guess those miles added up. I went riding with the gf on Sunday and just as we make it into town, it starts stalling. I was able to roll to a gas station a block away. Twenty mins earlier, we were in some serious farm country with no gas stations and spotty cell coverage at best. Man, she would have killed me.

Lesson learned. Fill up after EVERY ride and keep track of the mileage.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Looking at the shape and the sharp nose should be very fast; thinking about weight and the longer swing arm should be slower in twisties.
I was thinking about the longer swing arm making the new bike slower when flicking it left to right but since they raised the seat height and center of gravity, that should help quicken the F4 when with the longer swing arm.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts