MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the news that MV is designing a 600? Is this true? If it is, it is really exciting. People who have never taken a hot 600 around the track are really missing out on a lot. I can't wait. Do you think they will ever make a bike that is a little better for cruising/touring. I am not talking Harley Ultra Glide, but maybe Multistrada or V-Strom like. Something a bit more comfortable for tha long haul. Upright bars, larger frame, padded seat. I use a Ducati Sport 1000 Biposto for this type of duty, but I would love to see a new MV to go along with my Brutale 910 R. I would be able to be all MV all the time. I think there is a large segment out there looking for this. I imagine a Multistrada type bike,but not ugly, designed by Tamburini. Would love to see it. Anyone else?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Not for me, thanks. I prefer MV the way it is. There are so many choices for cruisers, I would hate to see MV join the fray. It is kind of nice that they make basically 2 bikes.

I would feel the same way about that as I do about Porsche now that they have made an SUV. Damn nice SUV, as a cruiser MV would be, but it dilutes the marque.

CAG

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CAG said:
Not for me, thanks. I prefer MV the way it is. There are so many choices for cruisers, I would hate to see MV join the fray. It is kind of nice that they make basically 2 bikes.

I would feel the same way about that as I do about Porsche now that they have made an SUV. Damn nice SUV, as a cruiser MV would be, but it dilutes the marque.

CAG
I agree to a point, but diluting the marque is another word for expanding market share which helps solidify the marque financially. Plus, it would be fun.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't seen one here (In USA) for a while. Also, weren't they running Suzuki engines for a while?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't know, I just think it would be cool to see an MV badged "cruiser". I know Cagiva just "bought the marque", but the marque is very important to me as a tie to the glorious past. I don't know, I was just thinking that it would be cool, that's all. I wouldn't be replacing the Brutale, that's for sure.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think MV making a cruiser would be like Ferrari making a Diesel 4 x 4 :jsm:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
john said:
I think MV making a cruiser would be like Ferrari making a Diesel 4 x 4 :jsm:
I think Mr. Tamburini could make it look hot...very un-diesel like, I am sure. But, I agree with your logic. I was just daydreaming...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Isn't that the market the Brutale is suppose to fill? More comfortable and user friendly in the real world than the F4.

And if you think the Brautale isn't comfortable enough, try riding an F4 on a 400 mile trip. ;)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am sorry, but you should be slapped silly for just proposing such a horrible thing...if this were the Catholic Church you would be excommunicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it lately with all of this passenger carrying handles, bag carrying, cruiser talk on MV's....NONE of that on MV's please!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Allan Gibbs said:
Isn't that the market the Brutale is suppose to fill? More comfortable and user friendly in the real world than the F4.

And if you think the Brautale isn't comfortable enough, try riding an F4 on a 400 mile trip. ;)
No, I think the Brutale is directed at the hugely popular Naked Bike segment. I am talking Multistrada/V-Strom here. I guess I am in the minority, but I would buy one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
b42day said:
I am sorry, but you should be slapped silly for just proposing such a horrible thing...if this were the Catholic Church you would be excommunicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it lately with all of this passenger carrying handles, bag carrying, cruiser talk on MV's....NONE of that on MV's please!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are right...I apologize for trying to provide a thought provoking thread. What was ever wrong with me?

·
Registered
485 Posts
b42day said:

You do have a point, sportbikes are sportbikes, MV's are MV's,you want to travel with your luggages...then rent a car. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
But... YOu have the right to post a provocative thread, and I see how it would be useful (especially for people who travel on them).
Thanks...the whole point being that I love my 910 R, am very comfortable on it, but was wodering if they had anything in the pipeline for the long haul, that is all. :blah: :blah: :blah:
Anything that helps them be successful is ok with me. Someone saying that you "should be slapped silly" for posting something is clearly missing the point.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
jdog said:
Thanks...the whole point being that I love my 910 R, am very comfortable on it, but was wodering if they had anything in the pipeline for the long haul, that is all. :blah: :blah: :blah:
Anything that helps them be successful is ok with me. Someone saying that you "should be slapped silly" for posting something is clearly missing the point.
I think they're mainly focused on the sports aspects of motorcycles. So maybe you'd see a 600cc F4 and maybe even a smaller displacement version of the Brutale (like the 750 again). ;) But keeping up with the mega R&D budget Japanese will probably take most of MV's attention.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts