MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... kind of a loose question to ask, but I wouldn't mind some feedback from you guys that already own a Brutale.

About to go for my 2nd lot of test riding tommorrow and wanted to see whether ppl who had bought the 750 were dissappointed they didn't get the 910 or ppl who got the 910 and now think the 750 might have been enough?

I ask this b/c I can buy a 2nd hand 750, as opposed to getting a new one and lose too much $, and later upgrade to a 910 later if I feel I want the power. I also know I can upgrade to pipe and get more torque on the 750 if I feel it's lacking; this should bring it closer to the 910 bhp anyway.

Ok, so what do you guys think?... any tips would be appreciated, holding off putting my deposit on one till I can clear up this decission in my head.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well all I can say is I couldn't be any happier with the 910R. I did not have the chance to test ride either the 750 or the 910 prior to purchase so I can't compare. Like I said tis bike is unreal!! :) :) :yo: :smoking: :naughty: and a lot more.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Aussie... I am in a good situation where I can test all the range. I found the power of the 910s slightly more noticeable than the 750. Both bikes were great.... hence the 2nd testing. I need to go on roads that I am familar with on my current CBR600. That will give me a fairer indication of what power delivery I am after in a bike. Especailly when it comes to overtaking traffic.

The motorcycle club I currently ride in is almost exsclusively V-twins... ranging from 1000cc-2300cc... there torque is quite noticebly better than mine... I have to drop a couple of gears on my Jap bike, (i sit at the rear of the group :( ), to even hope of their overtaking power on our highway riding which means I am always playing catch-up whilst weaving amongst cagers! :jsm:... not the best situation.

I am happy enough to keep a 750 for a year of so to upgrade if I need to... just hoping to hear ppls experiences for a little help.

Money is no object... otherwise I would just get an "Italia" if it wasn't for what they did to Australia in the World Cup... the "America" is on the cards except for the name, (no offence meant to u yanks!!! :bandit: ), resale would be a factor there if I upgraded to a 910s later that's all :violin:

Cheers again...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Saab... Not after any track days... been close to 15years since I used to race on weekends!.... a heart condition fixed that... only been able to manage riding again after a couple of operations and a couple of years ago and things go pretty well for me except when I look at the speedo... :jsm: ... only ridden on farms and tracks before now!

My more experienced road riding friends are quite surprised at how well I corner;always been my best riding attribute.... looove sliding :) ...

For those that know the area I live in, it's near the Qld/NSW border but more inland... so lots of twisties :ahhh: and 2nd grade roads to deal with :banghead: ...

Thx again...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have a 750 and if you like to wind it out to the max all the time and shift allot then get one. But if you want to spend less time on the shifter and just grab more throttle then just get the 910 and be happy till the next bigger and better comes along. BTW I am very happy :) Chris.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
cowtipper said:
I also know I can upgrade to pipe and get more torque on the 750 if I feel it's lacking; this should bring it closer to the 910 bhp anyway.
No way.

Adding a pipe will only give you more hp and torque will see very minor gains.
Torque is all about displacement and engine design.
The 910 engine was designed to address the 750's biggest problem...lack of torque. That is why the 910 is not a peaky high horsepower engine

·
Registered
922 Posts
Pardon me for being horrible, but I feel if you have to ask, you're probably hankering for a 910 anyway.

I've got a 750 and love it. Absolutely superb bike.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had the opportunity to pick up a 750 ORO instead of my 910r, for only a few dollars more. In the end I choose the 910R, not so much because I had the track in mind, but because I'm not a featherweight. If you are over 175lbs, I would go for the 910. It will make everyday riding less of a strain on the engine, at 6' and 240lbs, my 910R will gladly throw me off the bike in the first two gears with only throttle imput. I personally like a bike with enough low end grunt to keep my ego in check.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I prefer the 750. It's akin to comparing a 600 to a literbike (almost). I like wringing its neck, and it is lighter, and more fun. Like airfuel said, hp is pretty much the same, but the 910 is torquier, but it's not as high-revving or as peaky as the 750.

However, I am tempted by the 910R...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you like young and spritely or mature and hungry in your relationships? Either way a blast but if you're already thinking of upgrading in year, get the 910 up front.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had both. 750 was great...but I immediately decided to upgrade. It's not that the 750 was inadequate. I just liked the bike so much I wanted to maximize the bike/experience. The 910 really does make a difference down low. We can't spend your money...but the 910 is worth the premium IMO. But you will be happy with either one. Nothing quite like it. :guitarist

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I never said the hp was the same. Quite the contrary. The 910 trumps the 750 in every possible way power wise.

More fun? Maybe, maybe not. All that shifting and screaming can get on your nerves after awhile.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's wierd you ask. I haven't ridden a 910, but have ridden bikes with similar power and seating position and I would say it really all depends. I LOVE TQ. After owning and riding a couple sport twins, I must say I'm addicted to the instant power delivery.

But they all seem to lack one thing I did however like. A SCREAMING top end. granted, they do all pull very hard, I dunno, wiht the bigger bikes, you have to be a little more careful. Although it doesn't ruin the riding experiance per say, I like being able to give it my all and be ham fisted at times.

When buying my bike, I was given the option of a brand new 910s, or a SLIGHTLY (the PO barely rode it!)used 750s for 2 grand less. Only 2 grand difference. SO I had the option to go up. The insurance difference was slightly higher, but at the time, I REALLY dug the all matte black 750. I know it sounds stupid, but it was one of the deciding factors, a completely matte black bike. I figured I'de save $2K...well, not quite, I bought an Arrow midpipe and the carbon bits that were available (swingarm gaurd, heelplates, and heel gaurds). But I still saved a bit.

I definitly love the 2-stroke-ish top end of the 750.....it's a little more forgiving, and well, considering the main difference is TQ...I think I'm fairly content with my choice. If they were the same price however...I think my decision would have been a little bit harder.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Either way, you win. They are both awesome bikes. I have a bunch of Ducs, but the MV's are just a notch above, I believe. I have the 910, I have ridden the 750, and they both are awesome. Haven't seen an MV that wasn't....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my Brutale 750, at higher rpm it makes great music, and excellent power. I installed a full Arrow exhaust & chip and added some HP & very smooth throttle reponse. We're all tempted with more power, but the 750 Brutale is unique and punchy.......

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
All depends what you want. If you love the sound of a motor shrieking like an F-1 machine, if you really like riding a motorcycle to the limit of its capabilities, if you like the fact that your skill as a rider will be tested because you've got to *ride* the thing instead of letting the throttle make up for your mistakes, get the 750.

If you don't want to worry about shifting, if you don't want to worry about what gear you're in, if you a motor that doesn't require you to wring its neck, if you want a bike that will be more forgiving on a casual riding day because it has gobs and gobs of low end grunt that will get the job done no matter what gear you're in....

Get an Aprilia Tuono!!!! :jsm:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think for a lot of folks, the 910 is seen as an upgrade. The reality however is that the 910 is a different bike to the 750. And the true difference is in the characteristics rather than the numbers. Are bigger boobs an upgrade on pert ones? Depends on how you like 'em. As a friend used to always say, more than a handful is a waste. Ok, back to the bikes...you're lucky you can test them both. If you really, really want the grunt & torque of a 910, just get it now. I think you'd make a mistake with a 750. If you really, really want the fierce scream of the 750, it'll not disappoint, believe me--I love it. I'd stick my neck out and say that these bikes are so different that you really could make a mistake buying the 'wrong' bike. Good luck & welcome to the board.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts